Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Members - Welcome to 7 Cups! Introduce yourself Here!

User Profile: Hope
Hope August 19th, 2020

Welcome to everyone who's joined our lovely community!
This post is outdated and no longer in use.
Be sure to introduce yourself in our new official welcome thread for all users!


-

This post is dedicated to welcoming members. If you are a listener, please show support to the members who post here! Listeners can introduce themselves here.

Hi there! We are so excited you joined 7 Cups! Allow us to welcome you by posting in this thread!

heart Please tell us why you are here and what topic are you seeking support for?

enlightenedHow can we best support you?

Bouquet Here is a resource you may find helpful: Find Welcome Pack here!

Practice compassion and empathy for yourself and others. Also, on successful completion, get a chance to earn a shiny badge known as "Compassion Hero". Open Here!


This is the sign you've been looking for neon signage


edited by ASilentObserver as of Feb 17, 2021

8533
User Profile: spacebubbles
spacebubbles July 31st, 2022

hello! I'm Jupiter (he/him) I turn 16 in August :), and I want to become a listener but I haven't a clue how! someone please help me :)).

User Profile: Hirsch
Hirsch August 10th, 2022

@spacebubbles Hi Jupiter!

You should be able to sign up for a listener account here: https://www.7cups.com/listener/CreateAccount.php

Thanks for considering becoming a listener - it's a really compassionate thing to do! 😊

load more
User Profile: ListeningFriend8
ListeningFriend8 July 31st, 2022

You are amazing! You are making a difference!

User Profile: mellowmo
mellowmo July 31st, 2022

Hey all having trouble with a relationship and dealing with depression my partner also suffers from depression

User Profile: Jayy420
Jayy420 July 31st, 2022

hey, im jay. i'm here because things are getting bad again, and i want to try and get better without a hospital this time. i keep getting the feeling i need to cry but i can't. they say everyone has someone they can talk to but i don't. i'm struggling with severe depression, anxiety, bpd, and ptsd.

User Profile: EmbStitcher33
EmbStitcher33 August 1st, 2022

@Jayy420

Welcome to 7 Cups. There's lots of caring people here. You can pm a listener to chat just about any time. None of this can take the place of real therapist though. I hope you have someone there to turn to also. Years ago I've gone to a hospital for more help too. Wasn't a bad experience, definitely different. I prefer to stay out of the hospital though. I know it's there for me as an option if things get real bad for me, but I've learned a lot over the years. It's all about applying what I've learned, and making good choices. Hope things work out well for you. 😊

User Profile: vionnet
vionnet August 2nd, 2022

@Jayy420
Welcome to 7 Cups. I really, truly hope that you're able to find the support that you need here. We're a loving community happy to have you with us.

load more
User Profile: nayanao99
nayanao99 July 31st, 2022

@Hope glad to be here

User Profile: DeepaliSinghPsychdoor
DeepaliSinghPsychdoor July 31st, 2022

Hi, I am Deepali Singh a new listner here.

It's nice to be here.

User Profile: helpfulPuppy4090
helpfulPuppy4090 July 31st, 2022

New members, welcome!

User Profile: ListeningFriend8
ListeningFriend8 August 1st, 2022

Hi there!I am just wanting someone to listen

User Profile: forcefulPond2353
forcefulPond2353 August 1st, 2022

I think I have social anxiety. When I reach out to people, it seems to drive them away making me feel worse.

User Profile: bluePlane8270
bluePlane8270 August 1st, 2022

@Hope...I'd like to talk about the angry side of bipolar...the venomous snake that happens when I'm moving between episodes. I want to shake this feeling that I'm not the only alcholic with bipolar. I'm not doing good and I reach out to all these websites and they are about cats and lawn decor....read a room....not what I need help with right now.


User Profile: Hirsch
Hirsch August 10th, 2022

Hi @bluePlane8270. I'm sorry to hear you've felt let down by other websites - I've been in that position, and it can be really hard to reach out only to find that the people you're reaching out to don't really "get" it or only have toxic positivity to offer. 😟

Reaching out to a listener can be really helpful when you need to vent; it might take a few tries to find someone who clicks with you, so don't be afraid to ask to talk to someone else if you feel the person isn't helping. You can also check out listeners' profiles and look under the "categories" section to see what issues they have lived experience of (look for the yellow star) - that way, you can pick a listener who has bipolar themselves if you think it would help.

We also have a "Bipolar, Schizophrenia & Psychosis Support" sub-community where you can talk to other members going through similar issues: https://www.7cups.com/home/bipolar/

❤️

load more