Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Members - Welcome to 7 Cups! Introduce yourself Here!

User Profile: Hope
Hope August 19th, 2020

Welcome to everyone who's joined our lovely community!
This post is outdated and no longer in use.
Be sure to introduce yourself in our new official welcome thread for all users!


-

This post is dedicated to welcoming members. If you are a listener, please show support to the members who post here! Listeners can introduce themselves here.

Hi there! We are so excited you joined 7 Cups! Allow us to welcome you by posting in this thread!

heart Please tell us why you are here and what topic are you seeking support for?

enlightenedHow can we best support you?

Bouquet Here is a resource you may find helpful: Find Welcome Pack here!

Practice compassion and empathy for yourself and others. Also, on successful completion, get a chance to earn a shiny badge known as "Compassion Hero". Open Here!


This is the sign you've been looking for neon signage


edited by ASilentObserver as of Feb 17, 2021

8533
User Profile: gracefulBelle
gracefulBelle October 28th, 2022

@Hope

WELCOME everyone ❤️!!

User Profile: Tianyi
Tianyi October 29th, 2022

Usually less academically skills required problems would be more of my expertise here, family conflicts or relationship problems even bullying and such social issues, I cannot guarantee my assistance and its effectiveness for those clinically diagnosed illnesses, professional help would be better or referring to more experienced listeners would be a better choice :)

User Profile: Tianyi
Tianyi October 29th, 2022

:))

User Profile: Brookshand
Brookshand October 29th, 2022

@Hope

I've been using this app for my own therapy but im thinking its time to give back and help some people that are in my boots :)

2 replies
User Profile: comfortableNight4463
comfortableNight4463 October 29th, 2022

@Brookshand Hi! Welcome to 7cups! We're so glad to have you here!

User Profile: calmDew1576
calmDew1576 November 12th, 2022

@Brookshand This is a sign that you are managing and growing dear. I'm very happy to see people like you here! You don'y just overcome your struggles but are also ready to even provide support about something that was challenging once. Have an amazing listening journey!

load more
User Profile: Mayita874
Mayita874 October 29th, 2022

You guys are so welcome!!!

I hope you feel good here.

User Profile: Cassanthemum
Cassanthemum October 29th, 2022

Good morning. I am new here. My name is Lisa but go by Cass.

I have a long history, being 58, of trauma, mental and physical health issues including CPTSD. I've tried to get help (professional) but most of it hasn't helped as they just threw meds at me that weren't for what I needed. I've tried counseling but I really didn't feel listened to or got any real advice on how to improve.

I am married (20 yrs), five kids - all adult. I tend to find myself with people who want to control, keep me in a box, as it were and not improve myself. A lot of sabotaging and, in the past, blatant abuse of all kinds.

I am at the point now that I am not allowing people to hold me down. I got a new job that keeps me active. I am going to the gym (that way I can do what I need and want without anyone bothering me or keeping me from exercising). I am finding things I want to do, for myself, not just what others want and tagging along, such as hiking, biking, dance, gaming, etc. I am not allowing people to verbally dump on me about things that are triggers and cause a lot of stress.

It's hard to break away from the person I have been who goes along with everyone to feel accepted. Even those I am close to. It's hard to take care of me, without feeling selfish. I was raised by parents who were manipulative, abusive, and narcissistic. This led me into several relationships as an adult that were the same. I'm in a better one now, but there are concerns. It may be me and paranoia, it may be them, it may be both.

Thanks for listening.

Cass

3 replies
User Profile: Novelist
Novelist October 29th, 2022

@Cassanthemum

You are a nice and a great person .

User Profile: politeLand6818
politeLand6818 October 29th, 2022

@Cassanthemum thank you for sharing...I really identified with feeling guilty for choosing to be true to myself instead of just following along to be liked. I'm determined to be my true self and I'm getting stronger; however, I still have fear attached to telling the truth about myself and how it means pain or death or abandonment...woah...sorry TMI I only ment to thank you for sharing...

User Profile: calmMango9611
calmMango9611 October 30th, 2022

@Cassanthemum Welcome to 7cups. We are so glad to have you here.

Welcome to the family.

load more
User Profile: amazingFriend8070
amazingFriend8070 October 29th, 2022

@Hope Hi everyone, I am a new listener to 7cups and excited to be part of the community here!

1 reply
User Profile: comfortableNight4463
comfortableNight4463 October 29th, 2022

@amazingFriend8070 Hi! Welcome to 7cups! We're so glad to have you here!

load more
User Profile: politeLand6818
politeLand6818 October 29th, 2022

@Hope I'm here to learn about myself and how to love myself unconditionally, stop suppressing my shadow and implement healthy boundaries to live my purpose filled life.

1 reply
User Profile: comfortableNight4463
comfortableNight4463 October 30th, 2022

@politeLand6818 Hi! Welcome to 7cups! I hope you achieve all of these goals! We're so glad to have you here.

load more
User Profile: HereToHelp8611
HereToHelp8611 October 29th, 2022

Hi, all! I'm new here and excited to start my listening journey!

1 reply
User Profile: comfortableNight4463
comfortableNight4463 October 29th, 2022

@HereToHelp8611 Hi! Welcome to 7cups! We're so glad to have you here! I wish you luck on your journey!

load more
User Profile: SpiritualPrincesa
SpiritualPrincesa October 29th, 2022

I have a lot of life experience so I can relate to a lot of people here.

1 reply
User Profile: comfortableNight4463
comfortableNight4463 October 30th, 2022

@SpiritualPrincesa That is wonderful! We're so glad to have you here at 7cups!

load more