Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

11 Ways Plants Enhance Your Mental and Emotional Health

User Profile: calmDew1576
calmDew1576 September 30th, 2022


_1664574491.admiral_lebioda_pixabay.jpg

What do trees, shrubs, grasses, green plants, parks, beaches, open fields, and flowering gardens have to do with your mental health? Just about everything, according to an extensive review of the scientific literature supporting the benefits of exposure to natural settings.

The review data, collected and analyzed by researchers Charles Hall and Melinda Knuth at Texas A&M University and published in the Journal of Environmental Horticulture, supports the notion that living in or near green spaces, and spending as much time as possible in both natural settings and cultivated gardens, can improve mood, reduce the negative effects of stress, encourage physical activity and other positive behaviors, improve cognition, reduce aggression, and enhance overall well-being in people of all ages under many different circumstances.

These benefits include:

1. Stress reduction.

2. Reduced symptoms of depression.

3. Stronger memory retention.

4. Fewer symptoms of post-traumatic stress.

5. Improved symptoms of attention-deficient disorders (ADD/ADHD).

6. Higher productivity and improved concentration in schools and workplaces.

7. Higher levels of creativity.

8. Fewer symptoms of dementia.

9. Higher intellect.

10. Better self-esteem.

11. Greater quality of life overall.

Source:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/intl/blog/cravings/201909/11-ways-plants-enhance-your-mental-and-emotional-health

What are your thoughts about having indoors plants for mental and overall health?

#Plants #Well-being #MentalHealth


7
User Profile: innateJoy9602
innateJoy9602 September 30th, 2022

@calmDew1576

I love having indoor plants!

I've always read they have so many benefits on your well-being!💛💫

User Profile: calmDew1576
calmDew1576 OP October 2nd, 2022

@innateJoy9602 Plants are so nice! It's nice to have a little bit of natural environment in your house, I think it always brings calmness. I also like aromatic plants! These make my spirit even more peaceful. Thank you for reading!

load more
User Profile: LovelyMarlee
LovelyMarlee September 30th, 2022

@calmDew1576

I have plants too! I love the plant appreciation here :)

User Profile: calmDew1576
calmDew1576 OP October 2nd, 2022

@LovelyMarlee I'm very glad you liked the post! I believe that plants have a lot of powers and can definitely improve your well-being. It's nice to have a lot of plants in the house, it's an easy way to feel closer to nature. Taking care of them is so therapeutic as well. Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

load more
User Profile: comfortableNight4463
comfortableNight4463 October 2nd, 2022

@calmDew1576 I love looking at plants. It bring me so much peace and calmness.

User Profile: calmDew1576
calmDew1576 OP October 2nd, 2022

@comfortableNight4463 Plants are very nice indeed! They can contribute to mental well-being and some of them have beneffits for the body too. I think having plants in our houses would be very beneficial. Thank you for reading!

User Profile: comfortableNight4463
comfortableNight4463 October 17th, 2022

@calmDew1576 I've heard plants increase humidity and produce oxygen which keeps the air cleaner and helps us breathe better. It's so beneficial!

load more
load more