Living with Leaders Self-Interviews!
[Update: All the new self-interviews will be posted here. Thank you!]
All the self-interviews of the Living with Leaders interview series will be posted in this thread.
Subscribe to the thread to keep yourself updated with the new self-interviews!
Okay, great. But what is self-interview? Self-interview is when you ask a few questions to yourself and answer them too!
What would I need to do to take my self-interview in the Living with Leaders series? We made the process really simple. All you need to do is select some interview questions in the self-interview form! You can also write your own question(s) using the 'Other' option and then you answer the questions in the form itself! Easy, isn't it?😮
I see a 'Self-Care at 7cups' option in the form. What is it? Oh, glad you noticed that 😄 Yes, please give a self-care talk about finding balance at 7cups if you'd like!
Living with Leaders Self-Interview Form (clickable)
(You are free to self-interview as many times as you like!)
Let's be learning from the leader in oneself and from the leader in one another!
I also request all the interviewees and the visitors of the thread to take a moment to read through some of the interviews and support the initiative by replying with your supportive comments to the individual interviews!
If you want to interview someone else (you could interview anyone on 7cups really!), request here.

Interviewee: @yourbuddy30
What is your idea of a successful or satisfactory life?
My idea of a successful and satisfactory life would be to be happy. Do things which give me internal happiness. Something I enjoy doing. After getting home, the satisfaction I get after doing work I enjoyed. Coming back home to the partner I love, going out with my friends for a day off, spending time with myself after a rough day, and being happy in the end is something I am wishing for.
How does one manage expectations in relationships?
My only suggestion to this would be DONT EXPECT. We have a lot of expectations from our loved ones, but I feel expectations is the worst thing someone can have. One way to be happy is never expect. It is sometimes difficult for people to live up to our expectations. What we expect from them might be hard for them to give us and when it doesn't happen, we become sad.
For a happy and healthy relationship all you need is never to expect. Expectations vs reality is something we all heard of and that is an example. Let the person be with you the way they desire, and you can be the way you want to be. This would strengthen relationships.
How does one make peace with the uncertainties of life?
All of us have uncertainties in life. We all have our own set of ups and downs, and it is okay to have them. It is okay to cry, to be upset, to have a rough day, to want to take a break from someone or everyone. It is okay to take time. But after that, you need to accept it and move on. Acceptance is the key. How you come out of a difficult situation is what matters. Ask for help, that is completely alright. By asking for help we are doing ourselves a favour. Ask for help, take a break, accept it and move on. I hope this helps
Any 7cups friends you'd like to nominate for a self-interview? Any member or listener can give a self-interview here anytime if interested: https://tinyurl.com/LivingwithLeaders
@DonalDraper @Estrellitaa @here4good74
@Fristo
These are such thoughtful answers. I really liked the part where it says that we need to accept eventually.
I can really relate to that on so many levels. Acceptance brings a feeling of satisfaction. I didn't want to accept my struggles at first, I didn't want to believe that this was my reality. But the moment I learnt embracing, accepting, loving my own life with its set of highs and lows I got moments of peace and comfort.
I believe that we don't move on, but we move forward. I love this quote that says, "wounds may heal, but scars never fade".
Sending love and thoughts of strength, thanks for the wonderful answers again, @yourbuddy30 <3
@Here4good74 I am so glad you like it Jane!☺️
@Fristo
really great answers :)
@YourBuddy30 Thank you for nominating me 💖
I loved reading your answers. (which is obvious coz I love reading anything from my bud hehe)
I hope you get all the things that you mentioned. Along with the rough days. Coz yes, those are what make evenings feel smooth and give a feeling of getting something done 😇
But dont you think expecting someone to not expect is a big expectation in itself? 😜
Well, let's just accept the expectations without exceptions and move on 😎
@DonaldDraper Haha, that was so sweet of you. Thank you. Haha yeah that does sound like a expectation. And I am happy you had a good time reading it
@Fristo @yourbuddy30 You are so correct.
I feel that if you do something that you enjoy, and your happy doing it, then keep on doing, what makes you happy.
Thanks for doing this interview for us.
I am sure our views will enjoy reading this, like I did.
Thanks for sharing your time with us.
@calmMango9611 Thank you so much!
@yourbuddy30 Your very welcomed.
Interviewee-: @Here4good74
What work gives you a sense of purpose?
The work that saves lives. 7Cups is a really good example. I worked as a waitress before, and I quit the job since it only felt like I'm working towards collecting money.
It is always so meaningful to work on something that has a good impact on others, my dad was a doctor, he used to say that what keeps him working, and also volunteering at times, is that he helps in saving lives. I hope my presence here on 7cups, has an impact and makes a difference. It honestly gives me a lot of purpose and reasons to keep going.
What do you hope to achieve in the next one year?
1. I really hope I could stay on 7cups and stay consistent with all my roles.
2. I hope I can improve my relationship with my family, my mom, my sibling, and extended family in general.
3. I'll be at college, and I hope I find it the way I expected it to be, (getting into a college wasn't something I was interested in, but I took this step recently and I hope it is worth it).
4. I hope I can grow a small business on making pastries as I enjoy baking.
How do you practice self-care at 7cups?
I usually switch to my member account. I know that help and support is always there. I usually get the help I intend to get. And I usually try 7 Cups exercises and mindfulness techniques, I find them very calming.
Any 7cups friends you'd like to nominate for a self-interview? Any member or listener can give a self-interview here anytime if interested: https://tinyurl.com/LivingwithLeaders
@theboymoana @ALeXaNdEr0712 @sparklycomet @Ri337
Any feedback for the Living with Leaders interview series?
Thank you for these thoughtful questions. It really made me think deeply, something I really needed. Thanks for mentioning me, Fristo! Such a wonderful idea ♥️
Thank you for doing this interview @Here4good74!!
thanks for posting it @yourbuddy30
loved your responses @Here4good74 so good to hear about your aspirations and most of all your purpose of helping and spreading good!
@yourbuddy30 @Here4good74
I love this, Jane! It gives a good look at Cups from a relatable perspective. I found it interesting from a listener's point of view, especially someone I know and am friends with.
Interviewee-: @usefulSummer3139
When or where do you feel most creative, most connected to your true spirit?
When I'm in the kitchen. Four years ago, if you asked me to bake something, I would've served you burnt pudding. Now, I can comfortably whip up some macaroons and croissants for afternoon tea. :)
What helps you be a good listener in your real life?
What helps me be a good listener is definitely reflection! Before learning about the components of active listening, I never thought about applying reflection to conversations. As soon as I started to incorporate it, though, I could visibly see my listening skills improve.
In what ways are you, or can be, a good presence in the world?
I take this question to mean as how can one exude good vibes. I'd say:
1) Be respectful,
2) Don't be afraid to crack a joke or two,
3) Appreciate the people around you!
Any 7cups friends you'd like to nominate for a self-interview? Any member or listener can give a self-interview here anytime if interested: https://tinyurl.com/LivingwithLeaders
@Fristo, if they haven't done it!
@yourbuddy30
Thank you :)
@yourbuddy30
This interview really shows your values. I think it's really good!
Interviewee-: @Dan76
What have you learnt in your life so far, from which the world can benefit?
It's vastly important to control the controllables in life. If you worry about things that are out of your control, you're going to drive yourself crazy. If you focus only on the things that you can control and change, and make the most out of that, your life will turn out the best it possibly can.
What's something inspiring to you that always captures your interest?
When people have differing interests and opinions. People are very fascinating, and I love learning about different ways of thinking and how people's brains work. If 9 out of 10 doctors recommend something, I want to talk to the 1 doctor that went against the grain. Agree or disagree, I want to learn more about why they took the stand they did and what their thought process was. I always try to encourage more people to do this. It would help everyone learn from each other and find good middle grounds.
What helps you be a good listener in your real life?
Asking a lot of questions. It's important to ask a lot of open-ended questions. People love talking, especially about themselves, and you can get someone to really open up just by asking questions. You should hear people for the purpose of listening, not for the purpose of responding. Don't take what people say and look for a way to counter it, take what people say, take it in, and process it. I love talking to new people and listening to them.
Thank you @Dan76 for this interview!!
@Dan76 Really valuable lessons, Dan. Thanks for expressing yourself and sharing with us!
Interviewee-: @Taiyozzy
How do you practice self-care at 7cups?
Practicing self-care is crucial to healing and learning from past experiences. One way I practice self-care when using 7 cups is I meditate, spend some time away from the site, and come back when I feel refreshed.
What's self-honesty and how can one practice it?
Self-honesty is also important, but it can be hard to express for some individuals. One way to practice self-honesty is to be aware of your situation, be honest about every aspect of it and correct yourself when you feel that something about the situation, you're in (isn't right) or (off).
In what ways are you, or can be, a good presence in the 7cups community?
We need good and supportive people in 7cups. I know that for me to be a reliable person and good presence in 7cups is to stay supportive and be kind as well as respectful to others.
Any 7cups friends you'd like to nominate for a self-interview? Any member or listener can give a self-interview here anytime if interested: https://tinyurl.com/LivingwithLeaders
@SpicySleepyPieceofMeat
Thank you @Taiyozzy for this interview!!
Interviewee-: @BookishBlue13
Which quality is the most important in a human being and why?
The most important quality in a person to me is loyalty. Loyalty will get you almost anything, people will trust you and want to be your friend when you are loyal.
How does one manage expectations in relationships?
In relationships, you have to have compromises. If your expectations and your partners are extremely different, maybe meet in the middle! A good partner will respect your boundaries and agree to meet halfway.
What can one do to bring the best out of fellow human beings?
To bring out the best in your fellow humans, we need to be trustworthy, honest, and kind. This will encourage others to act the same. When you treat someone in a certain way, they have a tendency to treat you the same.
Thank you @BookishBlue13 for this interview!!
@BookishBlue13, I really liked your points, especially the part where you said the we need to be compromised.
It is like finding a common ground, an agreement or a settlement that is reached by each side, which makes the relationship more successful.
Self-interview given by-: @AnnaJ718
What's self-honesty and how can one practice it?
Self-honesty to me is letting yourself know the facts. Thoughts can be false, and they can unconsciously pop up at random times. But the way you think about it is something you have control over. It's hard, I know, but try to tell yourself what is real, something that couldn't be biased. Such as "They said something that hurt me. I got upset." and go from there.
What can one do to bring the best out of fellow human beings?
I think the best way to connect is to communicate. Interacting with another person, asking them questions. It leads to openness and a good friendship. Even if you're not friends, you can still concurrently live beside them.
What helps you be a good listener in your real life?
I can be a good listener by trying to understand them. Instead of just agreeing with someone, inquire about their situation. Ask "What do you mean by that?" or "How did that make you feel?" I try to make them feel like I really care, because I do. I want them to feel like they can come back and talk to me again and feel safe around me.
Any feedback for the Living with Leaders interview series?
I feel like this is a good way of interaction
Thank you @AnnaJ718 for this interview!
Self-interview given by -: CalmingMemory13
What have been your learnings as a listener?
I learned that all struggles need insight and some support.
What is life for, according to you?
Life to me is living day by day doing what you love and what makes you happy and to have a support system.
What helps you be a good listener in your real life?
What helps me is to have a support system as well as listening to others and helping them with support that they don't have and also being a friend when they need.
Any feedback for the Living with Leaders interview series?
It's great insight into leaders
Thank you @CalmingMemory13 for this interview!
Self-interview given by -: @Jefferythebunny319
What do you hope to achieve in the next one year?
Jeffery-: In the next year, I hope to accomplish one simple goal. Being happier and more pleased with myself. I want to be able to have this aura of confidence in me, that changes people.
Which quality is the most important in a human being and why?
Jeffery-: The most important quality in a human, in my opinion, is loyalty. Loyalty is important to me, because well, again in my opinion, anyone can be your friend. But I feel like it really takes a special person, a loyal person, to care about you, no matter what.
What is life for, according to you?
Jeffery-: Life, according to me, is for making people happier. For bringing joy into the world. I feel like, personally for me, if I can just make one person feel better, if I can make their world just a smidge brighter, then I have completed my purpose.
Any feedback for the Living with Leaders interview series?
Jeffery-: I really loved this interview. I feel like it's a great way to self-reflect while spreading positivity. :)
Thank you @Jefferythebunny319 for this interview!
Self-interview given by-: @kindheartedLily6247
Which quality is the most important in a human being and why?
Lily-: I believe that kindness, along with compassion, are the most important qualities in a human being. Kindness and compassion allow us to connect with others authentically and accept others as they are. Kindness and compassion also extend to ourselves in the way we treat and speak to ourselves. When we can be kind and compassionate to ourselves in our own struggles, we can extend the same to others who are struggling
What general tips do you have for overcoming struggles and challenges of life?
Lily-: Life is full of struggles and challenges, and the most important thing to remember during these times is to be gentle with yourself. It may feel extremely overwhelming, and you may not be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Your mental health and overall well-being are most important, especially during times of struggle. Therefore, it is extremely important to engage in self-care and practice self-compassion. Remember, you don't have to figure it all out in one day. Take your time. Breathe. Be mindful of the stories you tell yourself. Remember that you are doing your best in this moment, and that is good enough. <3
What's self-honesty and how can one practice it?
Lily-: Self-honesty is being authentic and self-aware. We can practice self-honesty by getting to know ourselves and our inner dialogue and acting in accordance with our authentic and genuine selves. When we practice self-honesty, we are able to live a life that aligns with our values rather than living a life based on what society tells us we should.
Any 7cups friends you'd like to nominate for a self-interview? Any member or listener can give a self-interview here anytime if interested: https://tinyurl.com/LivingwithLeaders
Lily-: @Chevy81 @HopieRemi @SirenOfSerenity @LavenderHere
Thank you @kindheartedLily6247 for this interview!