Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

One thing I always find really challenging during the holidays is...[share with the community]

User Profile: Laura
Laura November 23rd, 2016

One thing I always find really challenging during the holidays is...[share with the community]

207
User Profile: FantasiaSweetShock
FantasiaSweetShock November 24th, 2016

Honestly-the holiday traffic (I live by a really big mall) is so annoying and I just hate that it will take me forever to get wherever I want to go

1 reply
User Profile: AliceAllAlone
AliceAllAlone November 25th, 2016

@FantasiaSweetShock That sounds difficult to deal with. I hope the traffic dies down soon and you'll be able to drive easily once more. Hugs!heart

load more
November 24th, 2016

Playing the role of a person I'm not. Playing the role of the person I'm wanted to be. Being with groups in my own home is extremely stressful.

1 reply
User Profile: AliceAllAlone
AliceAllAlone November 25th, 2016

@Ground0 I'm sorry you feel that way. It's unfair that you have to be someone you're not to be accepted. Here, you can be whoever you are, and we all care about you and support you. I hope you feel better soon! Hugs! heart

load more
User Profile: CoinFountain
CoinFountain November 24th, 2016

Transportation is a challenge to see family during holidays or even just whenever. I'm glad I just met someone with a car that's willing to help out in that regard. I've also had someone that married into the family years ago start harassing me enough to make me not feel safe in the same room with them so there's that avoidance to work around but my family is thankfully mostly understanding enough to not expect me to still show up when everyone else is present all at once. I'm hoping there isn't lingering judgements about past events when I do see people that have been judgemental in the past. I realize it's not my fault for other people's reactions to my best efforts at the time or efforts to correct things. C'est la vie.

2 replies
User Profile: AliceAllAlone
AliceAllAlone November 25th, 2016

@CoinFountain I'm glad you realize it's not your fault, and that your family is understanding of you not attending get togethers. I hope you will be okay this holiday season. Sending hugs! heart

1 reply
User Profile: CoinFountain
CoinFountain November 26th, 2016

@AliceAllAlone

Thanks. *hugs back*

load more
load more
User Profile: warmheartedCity185
warmheartedCity185 November 24th, 2016

Feeling good about myself after I eat a ton. Eating has always been a challenge for me. I love food, but eating means gaining weight. And I hate gaining weight.

1 reply
User Profile: AliceAllAlone
AliceAllAlone November 25th, 2016

@warmheartedCity185 Don't feel bad for gaining a bit of weight or experiencing difficulty with eating. It's clear you're trying hard, and you will get ahead soon! You deserve to enjoy the holiday food and not feel guilty about it. Sending hugs and support! heart

load more
User Profile: saturdayinthepark
saturdayinthepark November 24th, 2016

Being around family- even though family is a blessing. Struggling with my self-worth.

User Profile: Kalimalayek
Kalimalayek November 24th, 2016

Seeing everyone paired off and happy. I'm happy for them, but my bpd convinces me I'll be alone forever

1 reply
User Profile: AliceAllAlone
AliceAllAlone November 25th, 2016

@Kalimalayek Don't worry. Everyone takes a different route and does different things in life. Take joy from what you love, and see how far YOU have come instead of to what others have. You are an amazing person who is doing a great job! I'm proud of you smiley. Hugs!heart

load more
November 24th, 2016

sometimes life is too stupid to us

User Profile: tohubohu
tohubohu November 24th, 2016

Being forced to be around people, and just keeping my spirits up in general. I hate this time of year.

User Profile: Gypsygirl75
Gypsygirl75 November 24th, 2016

Doing all the cleaning and cooking and cleaning up while feeling unappreciated. They just have no idea how much of an effort it is to keep a smile on my face and happiness in my voice at times.it's all work, all the time. And to put it together while I'm remembering and missing past holidays with loved ones long gone when life seemed so much simpler is a challenge every year. Stay strong all.

1 reply
User Profile: sro
sro November 24th, 2016

@Gypsygirl75

I can relate to this 100%.

Drop that smile and seek some understanding from people you love about your sadness about past holidays. But I also think it's important to not get stuck in those memories--real life is happening now, this very moment. When I get stuck in past holiday memory sadness, it really helps to have someone who will listen to me but also bring me back to the moment.

load more
User Profile: KevinBoBevin
KevinBoBevin November 24th, 2016

Being around people who don't know I'm trans. I have to deal with four days of being misgendered and people using my birth name. It's very draining.

1 reply
User Profile: Gypsygirl75
Gypsygirl75 November 25th, 2016

@KevinBoBevin Big hugs.

load more