Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Self Injury Awareness Day - Nail Painting Event! #GoGreenforSIAD

User Profile: AnyaS
AnyaS February 27th, 2019

For someone struggling with self harm, finding healthy coping mechanisms that work for you personally to help you get through an urge can be a huge part of your journey towards recovery. There are many forms of coping mechanisms that exist, some which may work for some but not others. However, hearing what works for others can be helpful in getting ideas on new coping mechanisms that we can eventually try for ourselves!

In honor of Self Injury Awareness Day happening on March 1st, we would like to suggest a creative activity that can serve as a distraction to help you get through a self harm urge!

Nail Painting! Painting your nails can serve as a great distraction to your urges, keep your hands busy and be a wonderful self care activity!

In order to help raise awareness on March 1st, we invite you to paint your nails green and share a picture in the feed using the hashtag: #GoGreenforSIAD

Purple heart Make sure your photo doesnt have anything in the background that would jeopardize your anonymity

Purple heart Tag 3 other people in this thread who you think might be interested to join in!

We also have a special twist for those of you who are social soldiers! If you have a registered 7 Cups Social Soldiers account (Twitter or Tumblr), you are welcome to share your picture there! Dont forget to use the hashtag as well and to tag @7Cups & @7CupsTeen (for twitter) and @wehugtheinternet (for tumblr) for a retweet/reblog!

Social Soldiers Taglist: @8moonlight @Ahmed @Angel1011208 @AnyaS @Avaboo @Bear228 @DanaMh @Emsworld @FighterPhoenix2 @Imogene @IsraNMSL @Itshayden @LovingWinter @MySong @SpectrumForHope @VampiressThorn

Tagging some people who might be interested to join in!

@Kate @FluffyUnicorns84 @ArwaS @Yendi @Erato @summertimesamness @Heather225 @Laura @Imogene @Grahzeymahzin @Littleblup @Angel1011208 @Mel @neverendingmusic92 @AveryLove @KarrotCake @emsworld @Tazzie @LivieGrace @PineappleCranberries @SpectrumforHope @Leetheunicorn @bear228

Be Brave

73
User Profile: Laura
Laura March 1st, 2019

Hi all -

I want you to know I stand in solidarity with you here. But I was unable to paint my nails green...So... I thought I would show you my urban GREEN JADE GARDEN.

I spent over an hour replanting and planting it yesterday and I am proud to say it is very green and very gorgeous.

Here's to hoping this counts! laugh

1 reply
User Profile: AnyaS
AnyaS OP March 1st, 2019

I love your Green Jade Garden! Thank you for participating in a creative way! It sure does count!! Red heart

@Laura

Be Brave

load more
User Profile: Pidge2
Pidge2 March 1st, 2019

I love this idea! I don't wear nail polish often but this is great motivation to hehe. Thanks for making it happencheeky

1 reply
User Profile: AnyaS
AnyaS OP March 1st, 2019

Yay! Can't wait to see the picture! @Pidge2

Be Brave

load more
User Profile: Ottie
Ottie March 1st, 2019

*hasn't painted nails in quite some time*

2 replies
User Profile: Kate
Kate March 1st, 2019

@LittlebluP Oooooh I love the sparkles!!

User Profile: AnyaS
AnyaS OP March 1st, 2019

Wow, this is so pretty! I love it! @LittlebluP

Be Brave

load more
User Profile: AmandaIsAwkward
AmandaIsAwkward March 1st, 2019

@AnyaS

I don't have green nail Polish, can I just write the hashtag on my hand in green sharpie?

5 replies
User Profile: Kate
Kate March 1st, 2019

@AmandaIsAwkward Great idea! Go for it!

1 reply
User Profile: AmandaIsAwkward
AmandaIsAwkward March 1st, 2019

@Kate

Thanks, I do it when I find a Green sharpie ^w^

load more
User Profile: fluffyUnicorns84
fluffyUnicorns84 March 1st, 2019

@AmandaIsAwkward but sharpies are permanent ink :o how will you get it off haha

1 reply
User Profile: AmandaIsAwkward
AmandaIsAwkward March 1st, 2019

@fluffyUnicorns84

I go to work 2night so I can just like wash my hands alot

load more
User Profile: AnyaS
AnyaS OP March 1st, 2019

You sure can!! @AmandaIsAwkward

Be Brave

load more
User Profile: CallieShane978
CallieShane978 March 1st, 2019

@AnyaS Im getting my green poilish ready!

User Profile: CallieShane978
CallieShane978 March 1st, 2019

@AnyaS i have a terrible nail bitting habit thofrown I still gonna try tho!

1 reply
User Profile: AnyaS
AnyaS OP March 1st, 2019

That's okay! No judgment here! Thank you for being brave! I can't wait to see it!

@CallieShane978

Be Brave

load more
User Profile: AnyaS
AnyaS OP March 1st, 2019

Unfortunately, I ran into an unexpected issue last night and realized that I have no more nail polish remover left! So, I worked up some magic and I'm hoping these look a little green! Winking with tongue

Be Brave

User Profile: AnyaS
AnyaS OP March 2nd, 2019

Posting @fluffyUnicorns84's picture for her! Purple heart

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-GWC63G4zA9U/XHnTEPg4maI/AAAAAAAACe8/FvIK5qKXR_cbj3qMeGmfAZp8qO67MIvRACL0BGAYYCw/h768/2019-03-01.jpg

Be Brave

2 replies
User Profile: sisterdj
sisterdj March 2nd, 2019

ahh i dont know how to post my pic

1 reply
User Profile: AnyaS
AnyaS OP March 2nd, 2019

Hey there! I think the easiest way to share your picture would be to download the app called Gyazo on your phone and then via the Gyazo app, select the picture from your camera roll that you want to share and copy the link it provides you with. Then, in this forum thread, select the icon that looks like a little square with a picture in it and paste the link there (in the URL address bar) and press save!

I know that sounds a little complicated! You can also upload the picture to imgur.com and just share the link with us if that is easier!

Tagging @nervendingmusic92 to see this as well!

@sisterdj

Be Brave

load more
load more
User Profile: emsworld
emsworld March 2nd, 2019

Heyo all Tongue

I love this idea, and I know that in the past painting my nails has helped so much with my urges. It is one of my favourite self care activities, and usually during stressful periods I'll repaint them every night aha! I love the Green for SIAD, and I chose this sparkly green to wear in pride today! Red heart

It's a little bit of a rushed job, as i've been doing different events and traveling home but I'm glad I was able to join in with the event, and I've loved seeing everybody's nails! Red heart

Emma

1 reply
User Profile: AnyaS
AnyaS OP March 2nd, 2019

Wow, I love that green, Emma! So beautiful! Thank you for joining in! Purple heart

@emsworld

Be Brave

load more
User Profile: Courage7
Courage7 March 2nd, 2019

This was an adventure for me xD

I didn't have any green nail polish so I went to the store and they had every colour of nail polish under the sun.. except green. So I went to a different store and still, every colour but green. I then went to the third store and finally found a green nail polish. Twas a fun adventure, thank you for the challenge Anya!

@AnyaS

1 reply
User Profile: AnyaS
AnyaS OP March 2nd, 2019

Awww hahaha, well they look awesome so I think it was worth the trek hahaa!! Thanks for joining in!

@neverendingMusic92

load more