Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Self Injury Awareness Day - Nail Painting Event! #GoGreenforSIAD

User Profile: AnyaS
AnyaS February 27th, 2019

For someone struggling with self harm, finding healthy coping mechanisms that work for you personally to help you get through an urge can be a huge part of your journey towards recovery. There are many forms of coping mechanisms that exist, some which may work for some but not others. However, hearing what works for others can be helpful in getting ideas on new coping mechanisms that we can eventually try for ourselves!

In honor of Self Injury Awareness Day happening on March 1st, we would like to suggest a creative activity that can serve as a distraction to help you get through a self harm urge!

Nail Painting! Painting your nails can serve as a great distraction to your urges, keep your hands busy and be a wonderful self care activity!

In order to help raise awareness on March 1st, we invite you to paint your nails green and share a picture in the feed using the hashtag: #GoGreenforSIAD

Purple heart Make sure your photo doesnt have anything in the background that would jeopardize your anonymity

Purple heart Tag 3 other people in this thread who you think might be interested to join in!

We also have a special twist for those of you who are social soldiers! If you have a registered 7 Cups Social Soldiers account (Twitter or Tumblr), you are welcome to share your picture there! Dont forget to use the hashtag as well and to tag @7Cups & @7CupsTeen (for twitter) and @wehugtheinternet (for tumblr) for a retweet/reblog!

Social Soldiers Taglist: @8moonlight @Ahmed @Angel1011208 @AnyaS @Avaboo @Bear228 @DanaMh @Emsworld @FighterPhoenix2 @Imogene @IsraNMSL @Itshayden @LovingWinter @MySong @SpectrumForHope @VampiressThorn

Tagging some people who might be interested to join in!

@Kate @FluffyUnicorns84 @ArwaS @Yendi @Erato @summertimesamness @Heather225 @Laura @Imogene @Grahzeymahzin @Littleblup @Angel1011208 @Mel @neverendingmusic92 @AveryLove @KarrotCake @emsworld @Tazzie @LivieGrace @PineappleCranberries @SpectrumforHope @Leetheunicorn @bear228

Be Brave

73
User Profile: KeepPositivexoxo
KeepPositivexoxo March 2nd, 2019

Getting them done ✅😍

1 reply
User Profile: AnyaS
AnyaS OP March 3rd, 2019

Yayy! Can't wait to see! heart

@KeepPositivexoxo

load more
User Profile: Thyselfbetrue
Thyselfbetrue March 3rd, 2019

I have been wanting to do this and did it today haha. I don't think they came out good at all, I have a hard time with my nails.. I tend to keep them short and what a mess haha.. I loved this shade though because it is a chrome and there's beautiful gold and green effects to it and the name also added meaning to it for me. :) Because we're all beautiful and amazing and deserve to know it! <3

March 3rd, 2019

@AnyaS

Ohh this is such a wonderful event! I wish I could participate, but I don't own any nail polish as I can't wear it when I pray. I do look forward to see others art and creativity tho. Goodluckk heart

1 reply
User Profile: AnyaS
AnyaS OP March 3rd, 2019

No worries, Isra! Thank you so much for your support! It means a lot! heart

@IsraNMSL

load more