Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What do you wish there was more awareness for?

User Profile: QuickJazz
QuickJazz November 29th, 2015

There are so many things we go through in life, yet sometimes it can feel like we don't have much of a space for speaking about it or for it being acknowledged. However, we have special events on 7 Cups which encourages more awareness and discussion on various topics!

So what would you like more awareness for?

Learn more about special events here.

206
User Profile: dobbybrock
dobbybrock February 20th, 2017

I wish there was more awareness for abuse and rape. People take advantage over the word abuse and rape and don't understand how sad these things actually are.

February 20th, 2017

Depression and liking fictional characters as a romantic interest. That would be nice.

User Profile: twentyonep
twentyonep February 20th, 2017

I wish there was more awareness for social anxiety. People like me who have social anxiety are usually labelled freaks or socially awkward interoverts. We aren't weird, we are just scared we won't make a good impression.

4 replies
User Profile: SilvestreVivesGB
SilvestreVivesGB February 20th, 2017

@twentyonep That's a beautiful post smiley

2 replies
User Profile: twentyonep
twentyonep February 20th, 2017

@SilvestreVives8374 thanks!

1 reply
User Profile: SilvestreVivesGB
SilvestreVivesGB February 20th, 2017

@twentyonep You're very welcome smiley Have a beautiful day.

load more
load more
User Profile: QuickJazz
QuickJazz OP February 20th, 2017

I hear you @twentyonep ! I consider myself to be an extrovert with social anxiety. Lots of different types of people with social anxiety!

load more
February 20th, 2017

I wish there was more awareness towards mental Illnesses. It is just as important as physical health.

User Profile: jessiecoulter777
jessiecoulter777 February 20th, 2017

I would like more awareness for the need to have Discussions in the Disability Room ... Thank you

1 reply
User Profile: QuickJazz
QuickJazz OP February 20th, 2017

Funny you should say that, @jessiecoulter777 as we are currently planning to increase the number of discussions in the Disability Support room throughout March! Keep an eye out!!

load more
February 20th, 2017

I wish people knew more about mental illnesses and how to respond to them. Moreover, I wish people wouldn't joke about them. It's really not funny OR helpful to someone if someone says they want to kill themselve because of sth stupid If you're serious, get help. If not, shut up because you dont know what others around you are struggling with.

User Profile: safeandsoundta
safeandsoundta February 20th, 2017

The truth about mental illness/mental health issues. The stigma around mental illness is really awful. I feel like if more people were aware, educated, and accepting about it, the stigma would decrease.

February 20th, 2017

I wish there was note awareness for people who are Bipolar. When in forum RP's people would pick Bipolar as their Mental Issue and the reason they are there. When Bipolar is brought up in class people make like, 'eek.' Sounds. My dad is bipolar and he hasn't been sent to a Mental Hospital. I just wish that they didn't have such a negative image.

User Profile: Sunshinegrrl
Sunshinegrrl February 20th, 2017

There needs to be more support for mamas in the "fourth trimester." After birth, mamas are commonly left to fend for themselves emotionally, and many suffer silently with PPD and PTSD...

February 20th, 2017

That the greif of loosing a loved one to death does not go away over night, or over a year or two...Life doesn't just go on as usual. You learn a new way of living without them, but the greif does not go away.