Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What do you wish there was more awareness for?

User Profile: QuickJazz
QuickJazz November 29th, 2015

There are so many things we go through in life, yet sometimes it can feel like we don't have much of a space for speaking about it or for it being acknowledged. However, we have special events on 7 Cups which encourages more awareness and discussion on various topics!

So what would you like more awareness for?

Learn more about special events here.

206
User Profile: Tat2dprincess
Tat2dprincess February 20th, 2017

Dissociative identity disorder

User Profile: strugglingmegan
strugglingmegan February 20th, 2017

The fact that mental illnesses affect education and work performance. Every school/college that I have been to can't seem to grasp the concept that depression makes me unable to function normally a lot of the time, never mind do my work to a high standard and meet deadlines.

User Profile: Mackenzie2828
Mackenzie2828 February 20th, 2017

I wish there was more awareness for child runaways.

User Profile: BrokenShadow
BrokenShadow February 20th, 2017

I wish there was more awareness for chat rooms and the decision that teenagers make to use them. Not too many people know a lot about it. Unless it is experienced first-hand, people don't understand it, either. Adults and other teenagers don't know of the war inside my mind when I chose to seek out the attention of older men. My friend left me because I wouldn't stop talking to an adult online. She didn't understand, and it doesn't seem like anyone else does.

So, I wish awareness could be raised for lonliness so extreme that the only solution is to give yourself away online.

User Profile: TransAm85
TransAm85 February 20th, 2017

Mental, verbal, and emotional abuse. Physical abuse is going out of style I guess .. men have found a new way to manipulate women and slowly break them down. Narcississtic Personality Disorder.

User Profile: snappywordfiend
snappywordfiend February 20th, 2017

I wish there was more awareness of trauma-survivor coping strategies. "Try harder" and "Don't be lazy" mind-sets are effective for some people, but for trauma-survivors, it only triggers them back into self-blame and self-loathing! More people need to read DBT therapy strategies for living and discuss how it's possible to recover with self-care and compassion.

User Profile: CoinFountain
CoinFountain February 20th, 2017

More awareness of gender issues and mental health.

User Profile: ObsessedStitch
ObsessedStitch February 20th, 2017

Menieres Disease. It's acually not all that uncommon, but very few people know what it is.

User Profile: jr50
jr50 February 20th, 2017

That it is ok for men to have mental health issues, it does not take away from who they are, but getting help can make their life better and help them feel better

2 replies
User Profile: ObsessedStitch
ObsessedStitch February 20th, 2017

@jr50 This is so true. For instance, 10% of people with eating disorders are males (and that number is likely underreported). However, when most people think of eating disorders, they solely think of females

User Profile: ZeeQueen
ZeeQueen February 21st, 2017

@jr50 absolutely. So many men and boys try to pretend nothing is wrong.

load more
User Profile: 111111111111111
111111111111111 February 20th, 2017

I wish there was more awareness for mental Heath issues in both men, women and children. And that mental illness don't care about if you have a nice family a good house food on the table, that anyone can get a mental illness.