Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What do you wish there was more awareness for?

User Profile: QuickJazz
QuickJazz November 29th, 2015

There are so many things we go through in life, yet sometimes it can feel like we don't have much of a space for speaking about it or for it being acknowledged. However, we have special events on 7 Cups which encourages more awareness and discussion on various topics!

So what would you like more awareness for?

Learn more about special events here.

206
User Profile: FindingPeace2015
FindingPeace2015 February 20th, 2017

That sometimes the hardest decision is the right one.

User Profile: quietBlackberry7215
quietBlackberry7215 February 21st, 2017

I wish there was more awareness for equality and acceptance

User Profile: cyanMoon124
cyanMoon124 February 21st, 2017

Narcissistic behavior and relationships

2 replies
User Profile: ZeeQueen
ZeeQueen February 21st, 2017

@cyanMoon124 yes. Most definitely. So many people just believe that behavior is normal and acceptable

1 reply
User Profile: cyanMoon124
cyanMoon124 February 21st, 2017

@ZeeQueen yes and I was uneducated to it until I started dealing with it with an ex its important to recognize it sooner than later

load more
load more
User Profile: Radcouri
Radcouri February 21st, 2017

I wish schools didn't only touch on bullying, I wish they talked about abuse whether external or internal, they always say be nice to others but have never told us we should be nice to ourselves

User Profile: Autotechie
Autotechie February 21st, 2017

That having mental issues/ problems doesn't mean you're crazy. In my country there's such a strong stigma surrounding mental health. Depression, anxiety, being bipolar... these things don't "exist" for our society, they will tell you to just "get over it" and dismiss it as not a real problem.

February 21st, 2017

The side effects that can happen when taking medication...Stop calling them "happy pills"

User Profile: ZeeQueen
ZeeQueen February 21st, 2017

Morals

User Profile: AussinJordan97
AussinJordan97 February 21st, 2017

Adoption isn't a joke and neither is fostering. I myself am adopted and one of my teachers is about to get a foster child because she can't have kids of her own. I feel like adoption and foster care is a wonderful thing- not something that should be joked about. It really makes me mad when people say, "you're adopted" like it's a bad thing. No. It's not a bad thing. It's an amazing thing that saved MY life and many other children's lives.

User Profile: placidShade
placidShade February 21st, 2017

Chronic illness, especially ones that are considered invisible.

When you find out you have one, the little things in your life that you take for granted are taken away. I wish people talked about the mental implications, in addition to the physical aspects. Depending on what you have, you may not know what the future holds and the paranoia and fear multiplies.

User Profile: DariaandJane
DariaandJane February 21st, 2017

I wish there was more awareness and understanding for my panic attacks and anxiety. I feel like even the people that say they understand really don't. I'm tired of being told that I'm just overreacting or I'm too emotional. Like I'm not fully aware that my head is in a tailspin over sometimes minor issues.