Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Anyone can be a Social Soldier! Find out more here!~ (OLD THREAD)

User Profile: Cadence
Cadence March 21st, 2015

Welcome to the official forum thread for the Social Soldiers! Im glad youre here; youre amazing, and Im glad youre part of the community.

Introduction

The Social Soldiers project was created with the intent on eliminating the stigma that comes along with mental illness on social media, guiding those who are depressed/having a hard time/need someone to talk to right here to 7CupsOfTea. As Laura explained in her lovely thread right here, we need to be here for people who may feel as though they have no other place to turn.

What are Social Soldiers?

Social Soldiers are people that use 7Cups-designated social media to guide people in the right direction, hopefully leading them to the site where they can talk to someone who truly cares. They use the handles Twitter, Reddit and/or Tumblr, and check the tags for depression, or self harm, or anything along those lines.

Who can be a Social Soldier?

Anyone! Thats the beauty of this project; literally anyone can get involved with it.

What isnt a Social Soldier?

Sharing your own personal social media with other members/listeners.
Someone that shares their personal social media in this thread.

Just to debunk a question that may be asked, you can totally share your referral link on your personal social media handles, however we do ask that you dont share your personal social media handle here. If you have a big following on Twitter, and youd rather use your personal account to spread the word, thats totally okay, just do not share with other members/listeners your personal account. If you have any questions on this, feel free to PM me.

How to get involved?
Read through our post on the new team, to understand the changes a little more as well as to find the links to apply.

Project Leadership
@ArwaS - Project Leader
@Erato - Twitter Team Leader

@Yendi - Tumblr Team Leader

Find 7 Cups on social media here - Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest

(Edit 1 - to add updated project information)
(Edit 2 - adding 7 Cups social media accounts)
(Edit 3 - Edited Manual link and removed Dashboard link)
(Edit 4 - By @Dillion - Added Leadership Model to Main Post)
(Edit 5 - By @Rebecca to reflect changes in leadership and to update project links)
(Edit 6 - By @ArwaS to reflect changes in leadership)
(Edit 7 - By @ArwaS to reflect changes in leadership, and project changes)
(Edit 8 - By @ArwaS to reflect changes in leadership)
(Edit 9 - By @Erato to update 7cups' social media links)
(Edit 10 - By @Arws to update changes in leadership and process)

5554
User Profile: heyitskris117
heyitskris117 October 22nd, 2015

This is really nice. And cool. I really love this website.

User Profile: TotoroGib
TotoroGib November 3rd, 2015

@heyitskris117
​
I had the exact same feeling, welcome abroad :D

load more
User Profile: Shiva2help
Shiva2help October 23rd, 2015

hi, please tell me, how can i become social soilder

User Profile: cristiana33
cristiana33 October 23rd, 2015

@Shiva2help

Hey! You are in the right place. Read the first post of this thread. Here is a direct link.

There you can read all you need to know and also here is the application form.

User Profile: Amelia
Amelia October 28th, 2015

@Shiva2help

I also replied to your post on October 16th just now (sorry for the late reply!!). Hopefully that information and link will help you with signing up. If you sign up for the Twitter team, I'll PM you soon :).

load more
User Profile: LuminousMeadow
LuminousMeadow October 23rd, 2015

I just applied to be a social soldier. I already have My 7 Cups Twitter Account. I just need to make a separate Tumblr account.

User Profile: Amelia
Amelia October 28th, 2015

@LuminousMeadow

Hey! I'm glad you've joined the team! I sent you a PM earlier this evening :)

load more
User Profile: someoneyouknew
someoneyouknew October 24th, 2015

This is such a great idea!

User Profile: Amelia
Amelia October 27th, 2015

@someoneyouknew--I'll process your application asap :)

load more
User Profile: coolcatmfj
coolcatmfj October 24th, 2015

I helpedmy friend finding this place so she had a place to vent

User Profile: Amelia
Amelia October 28th, 2015

@coolcatmfj

That's great! Sounds like you're an awesome friend! Are you interested in signing up for Social Soldiers? If so, here is the LINK to the application--just indicate which team(s) you are interested in. If you want to be part of the Twitter team, I'll PM you soon :).

load more
User Profile: phenomenalHarriet
phenomenalHarriet October 26th, 2015

Just posted about 7cups on my instagram! smiley

User Profile: Amelia
Amelia October 28th, 2015

@phenomenalHarriet

That's great that you're spreading the word!! Have you filled out the Social Soldiers application yet? If not, here is the LINK to the application--just indicate which team(s) you are interested in.

load more
User Profile: spiritualteacher
spiritualteacher October 26th, 2015

hi just wanted to share, i post my referal links in the comment of youtube movies about selfharm,depression,mentally ill, bullies etc

with a short message explaining the site, got almost 50 referal clicks by doing only that.

User Profile: Amelia
Amelia October 28th, 2015

@spiritualteacher

Have you filled out the Social Soldiers application yet? If not, here is the LINK to the application--just indicate which team(s) you are interested in.

load more
User Profile: Kattybell86
Kattybell86 October 27th, 2015

I just applied to be a social soldier about a day ago, can't wait to hear back. :)

User Profile: Amelia
Amelia October 28th, 2015

@Kattybell86

I sent you a PM to get the ball rolling just a bit ago. I look forward to hearing back from you :)

User Profile: Kattybell86
Kattybell86 October 28th, 2015

@RocketsMom Thank you!

load more
load more
User Profile: Power
Power October 28th, 2015

posted referral links on social media

User Profile: Amelia
Amelia October 28th, 2015

@Power

I love that you're spreading the word!! Have you filled out the Social Soldiers application yet? If not, here is the LINK to the application--just indicate which team(s) you are interested in. If you want to be part of the Twitter team, I'll PM you soon :).

load more
User Profile: charmingHeart
charmingHeart October 28th, 2015

good luck and congrats guys