Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Anyone can be a Social Soldier! Find out more here!~ (OLD THREAD)

User Profile: Cadence
Cadence March 21st, 2015

Welcome to the official forum thread for the Social Soldiers! Im glad youre here; youre amazing, and Im glad youre part of the community.

Introduction

The Social Soldiers project was created with the intent on eliminating the stigma that comes along with mental illness on social media, guiding those who are depressed/having a hard time/need someone to talk to right here to 7CupsOfTea. As Laura explained in her lovely thread right here, we need to be here for people who may feel as though they have no other place to turn.

What are Social Soldiers?

Social Soldiers are people that use 7Cups-designated social media to guide people in the right direction, hopefully leading them to the site where they can talk to someone who truly cares. They use the handles Twitter, Reddit and/or Tumblr, and check the tags for depression, or self harm, or anything along those lines.

Who can be a Social Soldier?

Anyone! Thats the beauty of this project; literally anyone can get involved with it.

What isnt a Social Soldier?

Sharing your own personal social media with other members/listeners.
Someone that shares their personal social media in this thread.

Just to debunk a question that may be asked, you can totally share your referral link on your personal social media handles, however we do ask that you dont share your personal social media handle here. If you have a big following on Twitter, and youd rather use your personal account to spread the word, thats totally okay, just do not share with other members/listeners your personal account. If you have any questions on this, feel free to PM me.

How to get involved?
Read through our post on the new team, to understand the changes a little more as well as to find the links to apply.

Project Leadership
@ArwaS - Project Leader
@Erato - Twitter Team Leader

@Yendi - Tumblr Team Leader

Find 7 Cups on social media here - Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest

(Edit 1 - to add updated project information)
(Edit 2 - adding 7 Cups social media accounts)
(Edit 3 - Edited Manual link and removed Dashboard link)
(Edit 4 - By @Dillion - Added Leadership Model to Main Post)
(Edit 5 - By @Rebecca to reflect changes in leadership and to update project links)
(Edit 6 - By @ArwaS to reflect changes in leadership)
(Edit 7 - By @ArwaS to reflect changes in leadership, and project changes)
(Edit 8 - By @ArwaS to reflect changes in leadership)
(Edit 9 - By @Erato to update 7cups' social media links)
(Edit 10 - By @Arws to update changes in leadership and process)

5554
User Profile: daniellehearts
daniellehearts November 12th, 2015

I shared my referral link to my tumblr. I hope my followers will benefit

User Profile: Amelia
Amelia November 13th, 2015

@daniellehearts

That's great that you're spreading the word!! Are you interested in signing up for Social Soldiers? If so, here is the LINK to the application--just indicate which team(s) you are interested in. If you want to be part of the Twitter team, I'll PM you soon :).

load more
User Profile: spectacularWaterfall5
spectacularWaterfall5 November 13th, 2015

I did a blog post that automatically posts on Facebook.

[edited by forum mentor for personal contact info]

User Profile: Amelia
Amelia November 15th, 2015

@spectacularWaterfall5

Would you like to spread the word via Twitter, Tumblr, or Reddit by signing up for Social Soldiers? If so, here is the LINK to the application--just indicate which team(s) you are interested in. If you want to be part of the Twitter team, I'll PM you soon :).

User Profile: spectacularWaterfall5
spectacularWaterfall5 November 15th, 2015

@RocketsMom is there some guidance in using them...I am making myself look ancient but I am only familiar with Facebook.

User Profile: Amelia
Amelia November 19th, 2015

@spectacularWaterfall5

Sorry that I didn't see this earlier. Feel free to send me a PM and I'll walk you through it :)

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: itsgoingtobeokay96
itsgoingtobeokay96 November 13th, 2015

I'm going to start doing this today. I believe 7cups is an incredible place and I can't wait for people to find out about it

User Profile: Amelia
Amelia November 15th, 2015

@itsgoingtobeokay96

Would you like to be part of the team? If so, here is the LINK to the application--just indicate which team(s) you are interested in. If you want to be part of the Twitter team, I'll PM you soon :).

load more
User Profile: NoImaginationY
NoImaginationY November 14th, 2015

That's an awesome idea! Thanks to all the people who thought of it and are facilitating! Completed the application to be part of the group and set up a twitter account anyway :)

User Profile: Amelia
Amelia November 15th, 2015

@NoImaginationY

And now you're good to go winkcheeky

load more
User Profile: peacefulSoul8
peacefulSoul8 November 14th, 2015

I am a social soldier on twitter and utube:)

User Profile: positiveVision59
positiveVision59 November 16th, 2015

Don't have any social media accounts, but I have recommended 7Cups multiple times to different friends having problems

User Profile: Amelia
Amelia November 16th, 2015

@positiveVision59

That's great that you're spreading the word!! What do you think about creating a Twitter account or a Tumblr account specifically to spread the word about 7 Cups? :)

load more
User Profile: ImLittleM
ImLittleM November 16th, 2015

Find me on Twitter <3

User Profile: Amelia
Amelia November 17th, 2015

@ImLittleM

That's great that you're spreading the word!! Are you interested in signing up for Social Soldiers? If so, here is the LINK to the application--just indicate which team(s) you are interested in. If you want to be part of the Twitter team, I'll PM you soon :).

load more
User Profile: anotherstardust
anotherstardust November 16th, 2015

Who should I insert as listener reference? Another listener or who?

User Profile: Amelia
Amelia November 17th, 2015

@anotherstardust

Any listener who you've gotten to know is fine :)

load more
User Profile: defeatyourblurryface
defeatyourblurryface November 17th, 2015

7 Cups has been amazing and I'm loving talking to many people and helping them out. smiley

User Profile: Amelia
Amelia November 17th, 2015

@HeyitsJo

That's great that you're finding it so fulfilling!! Would you like to spread the word via social media by signing up for Social Soldiers? If so, here is the LINK to the application--just indicate which team(s) you are interested in. If you want to be part of the Twitter team, I'll PM you soon :).

load more
User Profile: rainyDreamer23
rainyDreamer23 November 18th, 2015

this is really cool

User Profile: Amelia
Amelia November 18th, 2015

@rainyDreamer23

I'm glad you like it!! Would you like to spread the word via Twitter, Tumblr, or Reddit by signing up for Social Soldiers? If so, here is the LINK to the application--just indicate which team(s) you are interested in.

load more