Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Anyone can be a Social Soldier! Find out more here!~ (OLD THREAD)

User Profile: Cadence
Cadence March 21st, 2015

Welcome to the official forum thread for the Social Soldiers! Im glad youre here; youre amazing, and Im glad youre part of the community.

Introduction

The Social Soldiers project was created with the intent on eliminating the stigma that comes along with mental illness on social media, guiding those who are depressed/having a hard time/need someone to talk to right here to 7CupsOfTea. As Laura explained in her lovely thread right here, we need to be here for people who may feel as though they have no other place to turn.

What are Social Soldiers?

Social Soldiers are people that use 7Cups-designated social media to guide people in the right direction, hopefully leading them to the site where they can talk to someone who truly cares. They use the handles Twitter, Reddit and/or Tumblr, and check the tags for depression, or self harm, or anything along those lines.

Who can be a Social Soldier?

Anyone! Thats the beauty of this project; literally anyone can get involved with it.

What isnt a Social Soldier?

Sharing your own personal social media with other members/listeners.
Someone that shares their personal social media in this thread.

Just to debunk a question that may be asked, you can totally share your referral link on your personal social media handles, however we do ask that you dont share your personal social media handle here. If you have a big following on Twitter, and youd rather use your personal account to spread the word, thats totally okay, just do not share with other members/listeners your personal account. If you have any questions on this, feel free to PM me.

How to get involved?
Read through our post on the new team, to understand the changes a little more as well as to find the links to apply.

Project Leadership
@ArwaS - Project Leader
@Erato - Twitter Team Leader

@Yendi - Tumblr Team Leader

Find 7 Cups on social media here - Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest

(Edit 1 - to add updated project information)
(Edit 2 - adding 7 Cups social media accounts)
(Edit 3 - Edited Manual link and removed Dashboard link)
(Edit 4 - By @Dillion - Added Leadership Model to Main Post)
(Edit 5 - By @Rebecca to reflect changes in leadership and to update project links)
(Edit 6 - By @ArwaS to reflect changes in leadership)
(Edit 7 - By @ArwaS to reflect changes in leadership, and project changes)
(Edit 8 - By @ArwaS to reflect changes in leadership)
(Edit 9 - By @Erato to update 7cups' social media links)
(Edit 10 - By @Arws to update changes in leadership and process)

5554
User Profile: Harquinn909
Harquinn909 December 15th, 2015

I love social soldiers :)

User Profile: Kaylee
Kaylee December 22nd, 2015

@Harquinn909 Me too!

load more
User Profile: Saltedbythesea
Saltedbythesea December 15th, 2015

I love the concept behind this site. I've told a few folks and am eager waiting to see how it goes.

User Profile: ItzzEvannAf
ItzzEvannAf December 16th, 2015

I am like really big on Facebook and everyday I put my personal link in a status because I get scared that somebody is going through a really hard time and they won't tell anybody...

User Profile: Dillion
Dillion December 16th, 2015

@ItzzEvannAf

Thats great that you are reaching out through Facebook! Have you considered joining Twitter, Reddit, or Tumblr? If so I think you'd like the team, you can apply here.

load more
User Profile: Kalulu
Kalulu December 16th, 2015

ive now turned 3 friends over to this site for school stress!

User Profile: Dillion
Dillion December 16th, 2015

@Kalulu That's awesome! Thanks for spreading the word! If you are interested, you can apply to become a social soldier and do the same thing on social media! You can apply to a team or teams to reach out the most here.

load more
User Profile: Kaylee
Kaylee December 16th, 2015

This is an awesome team! laughheartyes

User Profile: friendlyDeer
friendlyDeer December 17th, 2015

@Kaylee I agree

load more
User Profile: SmileMitten
SmileMitten December 16th, 2015

I shared this out to my Facebook! It was a little intimidating, like I don't post much on there and I wasn't sure but I'm glad I did. smiley

User Profile: SmileMitten
SmileMitten December 16th, 2015

One thing I wish is that your listener account and your member account would use the SAME referral link. I had already recommended this site to my close friends and family before becoming a listener.

User Profile: EmperorRonin498
EmperorRonin498 December 17th, 2015

Welcome to Seven Cups hope you have enjoyed your stay. If you need help im on almost every weekend from 10;00 pm -12

User Profile: lovingWings94
lovingWings94 December 17th, 2015

7 CUPS IS ONE OF THE BEST SITE TO MAKE FRIENDS WITH THEY CAN SHARE ANY THING ABOUT FEELINGS.

User Profile: Kaylee
Kaylee December 17th, 2015

@lovingWings94 I AGREE

load more
User Profile: friendlyDeer
friendlyDeer December 17th, 2015

For those of you who are comfortable, spread 7 cups on social media!!