Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Anyone can be a Social Soldier! Find out more here!~ (OLD THREAD)

User Profile: Cadence
Cadence March 21st, 2015

Welcome to the official forum thread for the Social Soldiers! Im glad youre here; youre amazing, and Im glad youre part of the community.

Introduction

The Social Soldiers project was created with the intent on eliminating the stigma that comes along with mental illness on social media, guiding those who are depressed/having a hard time/need someone to talk to right here to 7CupsOfTea. As Laura explained in her lovely thread right here, we need to be here for people who may feel as though they have no other place to turn.

What are Social Soldiers?

Social Soldiers are people that use 7Cups-designated social media to guide people in the right direction, hopefully leading them to the site where they can talk to someone who truly cares. They use the handles Twitter, Reddit and/or Tumblr, and check the tags for depression, or self harm, or anything along those lines.

Who can be a Social Soldier?

Anyone! Thats the beauty of this project; literally anyone can get involved with it.

What isnt a Social Soldier?

Sharing your own personal social media with other members/listeners.
Someone that shares their personal social media in this thread.

Just to debunk a question that may be asked, you can totally share your referral link on your personal social media handles, however we do ask that you dont share your personal social media handle here. If you have a big following on Twitter, and youd rather use your personal account to spread the word, thats totally okay, just do not share with other members/listeners your personal account. If you have any questions on this, feel free to PM me.

How to get involved?
Read through our post on the new team, to understand the changes a little more as well as to find the links to apply.

Project Leadership
@ArwaS - Project Leader
@Erato - Twitter Team Leader

@Yendi - Tumblr Team Leader

Find 7 Cups on social media here - Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest

(Edit 1 - to add updated project information)
(Edit 2 - adding 7 Cups social media accounts)
(Edit 3 - Edited Manual link and removed Dashboard link)
(Edit 4 - By @Dillion - Added Leadership Model to Main Post)
(Edit 5 - By @Rebecca to reflect changes in leadership and to update project links)
(Edit 6 - By @ArwaS to reflect changes in leadership)
(Edit 7 - By @ArwaS to reflect changes in leadership, and project changes)
(Edit 8 - By @ArwaS to reflect changes in leadership)
(Edit 9 - By @Erato to update 7cups' social media links)
(Edit 10 - By @Arws to update changes in leadership and process)

5554
User Profile: Madeline1121
Madeline1121 November 20th, 2018

My friend gave me this link to 7 cups and I used it a lot when I was going through hard times. THen when I was better I joined as a listener and sent the link out to a few people who needed it. Then they passed it on as well.

User Profile: hopefulForest73
hopefulForest73 November 20th, 2018

I'm happy that I have found 7 cups and became a listener. I feel like I'm making a difference and helping people

User Profile: MaruchanInstaLunch
MaruchanInstaLunch November 21st, 2018

Ever since I used 7cups to help other listeners. I

User Profile: Summerpegasus
Summerpegasus November 21st, 2018

I stumbled upon 7Cups 4 and a half years ago 3 months after encountering a rejection due to not being able to afford a counselor. I also learned I could volunteer and it helped because of the depression part of grieving past the relationship.

User Profile: BeyFlawless
BeyFlawless November 21st, 2018

I found 7 Cups via a post on tumblr and the feeling of helping people with their problems has really helped me with my own. I hope everyone is having a great day!

User Profile: Caroline878
Caroline878 November 22nd, 2018

I am so grateful for discovering 7 Cups thanks to an advert on Instagram. I cant wait to keep developing

User Profile: Caroline878
Caroline878 November 22nd, 2018

I am definitely going to tell more people about it, starting with someone I discuss mental health with a lot 🥰

User Profile: wonderfullywithdrawn
wonderfullywithdrawn November 22nd, 2018

Just joied this site :) it's amazing

User Profile: XPXTwistx
XPXTwistx November 22nd, 2018

This stuff is hard

User Profile: ilaydevil172
ilaydevil172 November 23rd, 2018

@XPXTwistx i guess so

load more
User Profile: Caledras
Caledras November 22nd, 2018

I want to be