Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Anyone can be a Social Soldier! Find out more here!~ (OLD THREAD)

User Profile: Cadence
Cadence March 21st, 2015

Welcome to the official forum thread for the Social Soldiers! Im glad youre here; youre amazing, and Im glad youre part of the community.

Introduction

The Social Soldiers project was created with the intent on eliminating the stigma that comes along with mental illness on social media, guiding those who are depressed/having a hard time/need someone to talk to right here to 7CupsOfTea. As Laura explained in her lovely thread right here, we need to be here for people who may feel as though they have no other place to turn.

What are Social Soldiers?

Social Soldiers are people that use 7Cups-designated social media to guide people in the right direction, hopefully leading them to the site where they can talk to someone who truly cares. They use the handles Twitter, Reddit and/or Tumblr, and check the tags for depression, or self harm, or anything along those lines.

Who can be a Social Soldier?

Anyone! Thats the beauty of this project; literally anyone can get involved with it.

What isnt a Social Soldier?

Sharing your own personal social media with other members/listeners.
Someone that shares their personal social media in this thread.

Just to debunk a question that may be asked, you can totally share your referral link on your personal social media handles, however we do ask that you dont share your personal social media handle here. If you have a big following on Twitter, and youd rather use your personal account to spread the word, thats totally okay, just do not share with other members/listeners your personal account. If you have any questions on this, feel free to PM me.

How to get involved?
Read through our post on the new team, to understand the changes a little more as well as to find the links to apply.

Project Leadership
@ArwaS - Project Leader
@Erato - Twitter Team Leader

@Yendi - Tumblr Team Leader

Find 7 Cups on social media here - Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest

(Edit 1 - to add updated project information)
(Edit 2 - adding 7 Cups social media accounts)
(Edit 3 - Edited Manual link and removed Dashboard link)
(Edit 4 - By @Dillion - Added Leadership Model to Main Post)
(Edit 5 - By @Rebecca to reflect changes in leadership and to update project links)
(Edit 6 - By @ArwaS to reflect changes in leadership)
(Edit 7 - By @ArwaS to reflect changes in leadership, and project changes)
(Edit 8 - By @ArwaS to reflect changes in leadership)
(Edit 9 - By @Erato to update 7cups' social media links)
(Edit 10 - By @Arws to update changes in leadership and process)

5554
User Profile: Liliangel135
Liliangel135 October 8th, 2019

I am grateful for 7 cups

User Profile: TheRealDeal10
TheRealDeal10 October 24th, 2019

@Liliangel135. #metoo

User Profile: hopefulUnicorn2777
hopefulUnicorn2777 October 28th, 2019

@Liliangel135

me too

load more
User Profile: ChubbyFoolsGardenOfStars1
ChubbyFoolsGardenOfStars1 October 12th, 2019

Glad to see how many of us are here to help!! Today I was an active listener to other people and helped them to make this a better world!

User Profile: ChubbyFoolsGardenOfStars1
ChubbyFoolsGardenOfStars1 October 12th, 2019

This platform is amazing and so is all the people who are here!

@Cadence @ArwaS @Erato

I think I became a Social Social a couple of months ago but I am not sure: I created my 7Cups Social Soldier Account on twitter and performed the activities required for one of the months.

I got no feedback plus I did not get the time to follow up on my status, but I would like to do that now.

Would it be possible to be PMed by Social Soldiers leaders to check on my current status and maybe re-activate it if it is inactive?

Thank you, Leo

"Create a kind, compassionate and supportive environment."

User Profile: Erato
Erato October 15th, 2019

@ThankYouForLettingMeTryingToHelp hello leo! I'm not sure if you're aware but the social soldiers team is currently on hiatus due to a lot of circumstances. Please check out this thread for more info on the announcement.

I'll PM you if there's still more you want to know c:

@Erato

Thank you :)

"We need to be looking after ourselves in order to be able to support others."

@Erato

Thank you :)

"We need to be looking after ourselves in order to be able to support others."

@Erato

Thank you :)

"We need to be looking after ourselves in order to be able to support others."

load more
load more
User Profile: hopefulUnicorn2777
hopefulUnicorn2777 October 18th, 2019

I really would love to spread the word about 7 Cups. Its an amazing service that is being provided.

User Profile: Naturalhumourousonlooker5523
Naturalhumourousonlooker5523 November 3rd, 2019

The idea is great will follow it soon

User Profile: remylovesratatouille
remylovesratatouille November 11th, 2019

I will definitely work to be one

User Profile: Waluigi420
Waluigi420 November 17th, 2019

This sounds like a really awesome idea!

User Profile: Enlightenedmoon
Enlightenedmoon November 21st, 2019

I have helped many

User Profile: kayteey
kayteey November 30th, 2019

@Enlightenedmoon

load more
User Profile: Serafina24
Serafina24 November 24th, 2019

Why are here so many posts? O.o