📚 Reading — Sep 24–27
Does anybody want to share what you're reading here? (any kind of book📚)
Sometimes I find reading is a good way for us to reflect on our lives and broaden our horizons. So I kind of want to invite some friends to share what you're reading and your thoughts here.
You can share your understanding and experience.
Feel free to share whenever you read a book. 😊
Sep 24 — Mind Over Mood
I talked to AI about some of my burdens, and AI recommended some books for me to read. This is the first one. It is a book written by psychologists, and the method they want to teach us is CBT. I've heard of it before. Now I'm trying to learn more about it.
These are some sentences that touched me:
- Our work was accompanied by laughter and discovery.
- Whether navigating new territory or finding my way home, I rely on her wisdom and guidance. Each day is better because of her.
- In response, the oyster creates a smooth, protective coating that covers the sand and provides relief. This protective coating is a beautiful pearl. For an oyster, an irritant becomes the seed for something new and beautiful.
I seldom feel happy and relaxed with people, so I found the way they created this book and the relationship between him and his wife amazing. Also, the oyster's story made me think that maybe there are ways we can deal with irritations and turn them into something new and fresh.
@aquaGrapes718
So right now, I am reading Robert Henri's The Art Spirit. Henri was a renowned artist and published the book in 1923. I had read a write up that made the book sound appealing. I ordered the book, and I am not getting into it. I decided that I would read just 2 pages a day, then dropped down to 1 page a day... have not read any pages in over a week. However, now that climate has turned cool, I think I will take it outside and attempt to read while I enjoy the cool air.

Sep 27 — Mind Over Mood
Chapter 1 — How Mind Over Mood Can Help You
Finished Chapter 1, and these are the sentences I love:
- For any of us, it is much easier to keep trying something when we know we are making progress.
- Central idea: Our thoughts about an event or experience powerfully affect our emotional, behavioral, and physical responses to it.

- Aims: Developing new ways of thinking and behaving that will help you feel better — happier, calmer, and more confident.
- You will look back at the initial discomfort that led you to Mind Over Mood as a “blessing in disguise,” because it provided you with the opportunity and motivation to develop pearls of wisdom and invaluable new perspectives that will help you enjoy the rest of your life more fully.
Today, I lay in bed and thought about the things that stuck with me. It hit me that there are only limited ways in my mind to think about or cope with something. But the truth is, there are lots of ways. I need to develop a new way of thinking to make a breakthrough.