Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Finish this writing prompt with however long of a scenario you want to come up with (from a single sentence to multiple paragraphs)

User Profile: sereneSunset26
sereneSunset26 February 22nd, 2022

Hey all,

So here's the prompt:


I opened my eyes and noticed it was still dark. I laughed to myself, thinking I had just woken up super early for the day. Instinctively, I yawned and started to stretch.

But I couldn't stretch.

In fact, I could barely move my hands.

"What the hell...?" I wondered out loud.


That's it, that's the prompt. I'll add my own addition(s) to it by tomorrow. In the meantime, I'll be interested to see what you all come up with. :)

11
User Profile: halcyonCloud2036
halcyonCloud2036 February 22nd, 2022

@sereneSunset26

ohhh good one! Here is my contribution....

I realized that my hands were tied, but I couldn't remember how it happened. I started to panic, but then I noticed.....

2 replies
User Profile: Evelynna
Evelynna February 23rd, 2022

@halcyonCloud2036

But then I noticed two glittering, beady eyes focused on my every movement. I flinch and slowly begin to take deep breaths and take stock of my surroundings.

My hands are tied in front of me with some rough, thick rope and so were my ankles. I felt around in the darkness for something, anything while I stole glances towards those eyes but they were gone!

I start to sit up and felt a cool metal touch my skin. I explore further and realise that those were iron bars! I was inside a cage like an animal with my hands and feet tied.

I see a light flash my eyes from the doorway a few meters away and I quickly sit up and back into the wall knocking over something that made a loud clanging noise! I hurriedly push it into the floor to silence it. The light doesn't come back. I feel a little relieved for a second. I don't want to be staring into those dark eyes again. They looked more animal than human. My hands are still pressing on something cold. I take a look at what it is, well as much as I could in this darkness. It was a dog bowl! In my haste to back away I had tipped it over! It was only now I realise that I knocked out the water from the bowl and it was now soaking into my pants! My clothes! I was still wearing the pajamas that I wore to bed last night!!

1 reply
User Profile: sereneSunset26
sereneSunset26 OP February 25th, 2022

@Evelynna

You painted a really good picture with your writing, and that was an interesting twist at the end!!

load more
load more
User Profile: sereneSunset26
sereneSunset26 OP February 25th, 2022

@sereneSunset26

Hey all,

My apologies for my own late addition to this thread; thank you so much for everyone's contributions so far!

Here's my own addition to the prompt:


I opened my eyes and noticed that it was still dark. I laughed to myself, thinking I had just woken up super early for the day. Instinctively, I yawned and started to stretch.

But I couldn't stretch.

In fact, I could barely move my hands.

"What the hell...?" I wondered out loud.

I continued to struggle moving my hands when I noticed the sound--and feel--of metal; I was handcuffed.

But to what?

And by whom?

After the initial panic subsided, I realized I wasn't even lying in my own bed. Whatever it was, was a cold, hard surface. I suppose at least my captors had the decency to leave the clothes on that I wore to bed. However that long ago that was now.

Time.

A new panic came over me; I had no concept of the passage of time. In my head, I felt like I had gone to bed just the another night, but the fatigue and soreness in my body told me otherwise.

And besides, who would kidnap me? I'm just an introvert who goes to work and goes home. As far as anyone knows, I'm literally just a passerby in their lives going on my way along with everyone else.

*sigh*

Eventually, my eyes started to get used to the pitch-black darkness, and it occurred to me that there was a good chance that I was in some sort of industrial-sized room used for storage. 1,000 scenarios flashed through my mind; none of them were good.

"Hello!" I shouted, into the void.

Slowly, a door with creaking hinges started to open.

Maybe now I was gonna get some answers.
2 replies
User Profile: Evelynna
Evelynna February 25th, 2022

Dang. I wanna read more <3

1 reply
User Profile: sereneSunset26
sereneSunset26 OP February 28th, 2022

@Evelynna

Thank you for the compliment!! When I think of an addition to this story, I'll be sure to update it. :)

load more
load more
User Profile: proactiveTangerine7718
proactiveTangerine7718 March 19th, 2022

there was actually something sitting on my chest. A strange humanoid figure, pale and haunting.

1 reply
User Profile: sereneSunset26
sereneSunset26 OP March 21st, 2022

@proactiveTangerine7718

Oooh...are you thinking of a ghost perhaps?

load more
User Profile: spongebob2021
spongebob2021 March 19th, 2022

@sereneSunset26

I start to weep ....

I felt so powerless ...

1 reply
User Profile: sereneSunset26
sereneSunset26 OP March 21st, 2022

@spongebob2021

I like where you're going with this; it sounds like the beginning of quite the emotional experience! :)

load more
User Profile: corinnajoyhenryluv
corinnajoyhenryluv November 12th, 2022

I remember reading about lucid dreaming. Was that this? I would find out…