Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Boyfriend broke up with me out of the blue

User Profile: SalamiAndCheese
SalamiAndCheese September 27th, 2019

We hadnt been dating very long, only about 2.5 months or so. It was one of those relationships that moved quickly but felt like we had known each other for years and just felt right and unlike anything else I have ever experienced. I left to go on a 4 day trip to visit family. The weekend before I left, we were supposed to go camping but he was sick so I spent the weekend taking care of him. We hung out the night before I left, and everything was completely normal. He was sad I was leaving (we were still spending as much time together as we possibly could) but excited for me to see family. On my drive to see my family, we were chatting over the phone like normal and being all lovey dovey. And then the next day he barely texted me at all, seemed to not really care about anything I was saying or sending him. That night after he got off work, I told him that it made me sad that he seemed so distant and asked what was going on. And he broke up with me. I had no idea it was going to happen and all he could say was something switched and he couldnt control it and had no other choice. I still have no idea what happened. Just a week ago he was talking about how excited he was that this was happening, talking a bit about the future (within reason for a 2.5 month relationship) and was the most loving boyfriend I have ever had or met. I miss him like crazy and Im so mad at the situation. I just want to get over it because I dont think he even deserves my sadness over it all.

1
User Profile: AveryLove
AveryLove October 23rd, 2019

@SalamiAndCheese hey cheese. good to see you here!

i am really sorry to hear about your breakup, it sounds like it was very special to you. It saddens me to hear that this came "out of the blue" and just happened so quickly without any notice. i can imagine that must have been really hurtful *hugs*. i hope ranting here maybe made you feel a little relieved? as some time has already passed, how are you holding up now? heart