Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

How do you let go of someone who is bad for you but you still seem to love them?

User Profile: loli490
loli490 August 23rd, 2022

its been months. We’ve broken up in April ( well I did the breaking up) but I still can’t seem to get over him. He has caused tremendous pain and hurt in my life. Like no one has ever hurt me that bad before to the way how I was depressed and cut everyone off for months.


i have so much love for him still and i hate it. He didn’t treat me right back then, he would disregard all my feelings and it just felt as if I was more of a stranger to him than a girlfriend. I felt very much lonely being with him


Now that we’ve broken up I just can’t seem to move on. I’m still in pain and hurt and it’s august. Not gonna lie he did come back and apologize to me and I decided to just hear him out and at least see if he was changed but instead he fucked me over again. This time it hurts but not like before. I’m just disappointed with myself


He knows the soft spot I have for him and it’s like I’m weak when it comes on to him. I decided to actually cut things off in early part of July because of what he did to me again. I couldn’t take it anymore. Now it’s august and I’m still hurting. I miss him so much and just wish he would change but he’s not going to and I am finding it very hard to accept it.


6
User Profile: Skansly
Skansly August 23rd, 2022

Hi , it felt bad listening to your situation .

But as you said you broke up with him but still have feelings for him. So , for now assuming that you want to forget him . You msy need a companion even a pet might work (definately not fish) , then you can identify your different emotions as what you feel when you remember him and then do you have some alternate sources to fulfill those emotions?

1 reply
User Profile: loli490
loli490 OP August 23rd, 2022

@Skansly

thank you for your reply and yes, I try to focus on something else

load more
User Profile: confusedRaven6140
confusedRaven6140 August 23rd, 2022

@loli490

This is probably not what you want to hear, but it took me 3 years to get over my ex. Similar to you, I loved him very much... he did not love me. Never treated me well, probably the person who has hurt me the most in the world. But I couldn't stop loving him even after it ended and I had no contact with him... it just took time. I had to grieve. And everyone grieves differently. So all I can really say is let yourself grieve. Feel what you feel. And in time, you will heal. How much time, I don't know.

1 reply
User Profile: loli490
loli490 OP August 23rd, 2022

Thank you

its hard but thank you


load more
User Profile: patientSail4424
patientSail4424 August 25th, 2022

Loli - it's good that you cut ties with this person seeing the vast destruction and impact they keep having on your life. This person does not value your time, energy, or even thoughts because they keep taking advantage. Its normal to still be sad for months, or even years about decisions and breakups. The healing process is never easy, and oftentimes people can create leftover emotional scars you never even knew you had. When I was hurt by my past ex, how I got over that was actually crying. I let all of it out. As much as I needed to. I talked to friends about it until I was done talking to them. I watched speeches on YouTube that told me I was great and nobody could diminish my light. I listened to Whitney Houston's the "Greatest Gift of All," over, and over again (I even sang it) until I started to love myself again. It took an entire year to recover from my breakup but man, did I heal. Others inspired me to get up and continue living. You live for yourself first and foremost. Do NOT let any person dictate to you otherwise. What is helping me heal now from a recent breakup is watching Reels on Instagram or YouTube with similar experiences like mine because it doesn't make me feel as alone. It's really important to talk about what happened to you fully so you can heal from it and move on with your beautiful life. There is so much to see and do in this life and I hope you get to experience it all Loli. Best wishes to you, you'll be alright dear. Time heals all. I know you are hurting, share more with us. Heal with us. Live your life on your terms, you only get one.

1 reply
User Profile: loli490
loli490 OP August 26th, 2022

Ahh this is awesome! Thank you so much. It means a lot .. I’ll try to live my life to the fullest

load more