I broke up with him because he lied about having an operation. And now I have serious trust issues.
Our relationship was amazing, we were so so happy. We had our own flat together. Although, it wasn't perfect. He was diagnosed with cancer in January and lost his job in April. I was emotionally and financially supporting us both.
However, we got by and we made each other happy. But...about a month ago (after a lot of digging and questioning) he admitted to lying about a cancer operation. He also admitted to lying about money - he spent a lot of money on shopping and betting. He hid money that he was given by family members and he let my own debt build up. I also found out that he was watching a lot of porn and downloading gay dating apps. This was the breaking point. I had to cut him out of my life completely.
I have no idea who I've been living with for the best part of a year and a half. I don't even know if he ever had cancer. I don't know if he cheated on me with another man. I just can't comprehend how someone can treat someone else like that. I suffered so much emotional turmoil over the last year and it was all a lie...it all could've been avoided.
I was told so many lies so convincingly... how am I supposed to trust anyone ever again? I even question my family and friends now. I don't believe anyone anymore. I just don't know what to do :(
@midgetgem123
I am really pleased to be able to say that this doesn't happen very often. His behaviour sounds disgusting - although a little voice is warning me that he might have a brain cancer which can cause extreme behaviours.
Take time to heal. Watch youtube videos on narcissistic and sociopathic behaviour so that you can recognise these people from a distance.
I'm so sorry you have been through this.
yes, don't want to suggest that this is the case but brain tumor can indeed cause the person to act weirdly and engage in some mean or hurtful behaviours.
But now, the most important thing is that you take some time for yourself to heal your heart, I am really sorry that you have to go through all this horrible situation