If he truly still liked me, would he have tried harder?
My ex and I are almost 17. After four months of dating (and a year of getting to know one another), he dumped me because he said he wasn't ready for a relationship.
I was SO SHOCKED because his behavior hadn't changed at all until the week before, when he couldn't hang out QUITE as often (but still did a fair amount) and was slightly less physically affectionate. Even up until MINUTES before the breakup he was still always texting me with interest in my life, opinions, saying good night, etc, and treating me with great chivalry and attention. I was recovering from surgery at that time so that behavior could've been out of politeness, but he'd always been that way after we became romantically involved and seemed interested in MANY things beyond my recovery.
I'm just so confused because he really seemed to be into even up to the end... but after the breakup I told him I deeply cared and he didn't either reciprocate it or deny he did too, just kept saying he was sorry but he wasn't ready (keep in mind this conversation was all over text). Maybe he didn't want to commit because we'd be forced to separate after graduation? I doubt there was another girl because we weren't in school and I don't see when/how he would've had the time to meet or date anyone else.
So either he stopped liking me, wasn't ready, or his parents influenced/forced him to end it. He's VERY DEPENDENT on them, LOVING them and allowing them to control essentially his entire life (i.e. where he goes and who he's friends with). And they didn't want him dating.
Also wanted to add that due to mutual religious beliefs, sex was never involved (in fact, he was VERY shy/nervous about affection, especially PDA around his parents. It seemed I was more comfortable going further than he was).
But if he truly still liked me, would any of that had mattered? I told him I couldn't be friends, so we've avoided each other and he hasn't had a gf in the months since.
If you'd like, you can vote A (he still liked me but had to break up due to commitment/parental issues), or B (he stopped liking me).Please be honest. Thank you!
More info about the parents:I had always noticed red flags regarding his parents. They controlled his life. He had always had to end our dates early because they set strict curfews, even asking me to leave his house early at night. His parents were cold to me once they found out we were a couple. They never let us be completely alone together. Sex was never involved since they clearly wanted him abstinent (I was probably more forthcoming physically than he was!). They wouldn't help him pay for anything. And he LOVED his parents and talked about them a lot (much more than the average teen guy!).
More info about the parents:I had always noticed red flags regarding his parents. They controlled his life. He had always had to end our dates early because they set strict curfews, even asking me to leave his house early at night. His parents were cold to me once they found out we were a couple. They never let us be completely alone together. Sex was never involved since they clearly wanted him abstinent (I was probably more forthcoming physically than he was!). They wouldn't help him pay for anything. And he LOVED his parents and talked about them a lot (much more than the average teen guy!).
More info about the parents:I had always noticed red flags regarding his parents. They controlled his life. He had always had to end our dates early because they set strict curfews, even asking me to leave his house early at night. His parents were cold to me once they found out we were a couple. They never let us be completely alone together. Sex was never involved since they clearly wanted him abstinent (I was probably more forthcoming physically than he was!). They wouldn't help him pay for anything. And he LOVED his parents and talked about them a lot (much more than the average teen guy!).
a person in love wud do anything to make it happen. it might happen he likes you but not that much to fight the environment.
It seems quite complicated but with what you've said, it sounds like his parents May be a contributing factor. If you love something, you'll always make excuses to be with or around that thing. Stay Positive Friend!