Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I had to break up with my new boyfriend

User Profile: Summershy
Summershy February 24th, 2022

Hi:

I am here because I chose to break up with my boyfriend today because I started recognizing some red flags.

  1. He was very controlling during the cuddling and make out sessions

A. There were several times where I would ask him to stop and he would shhh me.

B. I would attempt to move his hands away from areas where I didn't want to be touched which he would not move his hand

2. He would love bomb and manipulate me with kisses and say "Love you" whenever I attempted to get him to stop.

3. He would tickle or kiss me whenever I would let him know that his behavior or something bothered me

1. He tackled me and then either started kissing me or tickling me and now that I think about it, had that road continued, that could have turned into physical abuse



6
User Profile: RoseRoseRose3
RoseRoseRose3 February 24th, 2022

@Summershy

Hello, I'm so sorry that that happened to you. I am glad that you showed him that his behavior was unacceptable by breaking up with him. I am also glad that you recognized that your own boundaries were being violated and put a stop to it.

User Profile: Summershy
Summershy OP February 24th, 2022

I did give him the chance to redeem himself by mentioning that he was being controlling but he gaslit me by saying I was calling him a monster.

User Profile: Alexandriabby
Alexandriabby February 25th, 2022

Hey love!


First off I am SO proud of you for recognizing those flags and getting out of dodge, I can't imagine how you must of felt during those experiences with him. You DEF dodged a bullet! Stay safe lovely! 🖤✨

User Profile: Summershy
Summershy OP February 25th, 2022

Hi:

It was really hard for me to cut things off with him because I enjoyed the romantic stuff. However, I didn’t like how he didn’t take no to stop for an answer. There was no communication, rather I felt like he expected me to give into his demands.


When I attempted to tell him what I didn’t want, he said “Well you don’t know what’s good for you yet?” He also shushed me.

Additionally, he started letting me know that he is into some really creepy fetishes. He also sent me a couple videos from a porn website which I refused to open.


To be honest, I think he just wanted sex though he won’t admit it to me.


User Profile: sallymae3459
sallymae3459 February 26th, 2022

@Summershy I am so sorry he did that to you at least you were able to escape before it got worse 😊

User Profile: Summershy
Summershy OP February 27th, 2022

Thanks for your support and for the record, I had a chance to do some thinking. In a lot of ways the relationship was one sided.


  1. The was the one always reaching out texting
  2. He never had any suggestions for date night
  3. He never helped me put my groceries away
load more