Thought a girl was in love with me but now I feel betrayed
There is this girl that I really like. I have known her for four years. I have seen her reject another guy and I thought she did so for me three years ago. She started hugging me and texting me a lot. We did a lot of projects together and we also hung out with other friends. In the past, she has complimented me and sent valentines day messages. She often went PDA (or so I thought) on me either by hugging me, grabbing me from behind or sitting on my lap. Although, I've seen her be playful with other guys, I thought I was special to her judging by the way she looked at me and the way she trusted things in me. I decided to ask her on prom, but she said she likes to ditch and wants to hang around with everyone. I am feeling betrayed and angry at myself. I always thought we gad something, but when I asked her if she ever loved me, she said no. I am upset and want to know how to get over this or whether I should ask again?
@Anonymous0909 - It absolutely hurts to be rejected by someone that you care about, but I think ultimately, you have to respect that she wants to be your friend and not something else. I also think it's really important to remember that even when it hurts, you don't want to be with someone who doesn't want to be with you - you both deserve to find people who you care about and who care about you in return. And I believe that person is out there - being free and open to finding that person gives you that opportunity in a way that holding onto someone with whom you can't have a relationship does not.
So, I guess what I'm trying to say is - it's okay to be hurt and to take some time to feel that pain or sadness or anger, but then after that, I hope that you can continue your friendship with this person and move forward.
This sounds incredibly similar to what this one girl did to me in high school. Throughout my senior year in high school she kept hugging me, talking to me, jumping on my back to give her piggy back rides, I even let her borrow my jacket in the winter time. I really thought she liked me and I really liked her. Then the day came when I asked her out to prom, and she said no. I was devastated, I cried like literally all day. Afterwards, I started resenting her, and hating her, and I never saw or spoke to her since.
I hope you are better now seeing as how my response is 2 months later to this post, but my advice to you is don't make that same mistake I did. Don't end up resenting her. No one likes losing a good friend like that, especially one that's always been there for you. Hopefully by now, you guys are still good friends! :)