Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What can I do to save my marriage???

User Profile: fearlessAcres1312
fearlessAcres1312 December 15th, 2022

I have been with my spouse 5 years and we've been married 3 We are lovely partners and both have been long term in therapy. Both had rough upbringing but we don't let that mess up how we discuss stuff ect.




But ok so I had enough money to buy a home. Every penny I saved went to the house and furnishing ect.




Well we live paycheck to paycheck. My paycheck. My partner is disabled and can't work a 9 to 5 but does contracted jobs online. In a good week my partner could make what I make or more but they usually bring in maybe 1/4.




Their chronic health and mental health have been bad. Which I understand 👍 and mine is also not good but I feel like the drive to go to my terrible job just to keep the lights on. My partner just doesn't and spent months where they wouldn't work bc of xyz. It's been frustrating for me bc I don't make a lot of money and I rarely am able to afford everything I need let alone niceties. We have talked and talked and talked about how it affects me and our household that they don't work enough to make money and they'll put effort into it for a bit but then just trail off again bc something came up. I am so frustrated and resentful of this at this point that I don't know what to do.




Besides the financial stress I LOVE my partner. They're a great person and I feel very connected but this just drives a Wedge between that.






What do I do? How do I try ro continue to rectify. The situation when it's like talking just doesn't help and I have no trust that my partner will do it and actually keep at it.

1
User Profile: toughTiger6481
toughTiger6481 December 22nd, 2022

@fearlessAcres1312

It is a big issue when even if there are underlying reasons a partner is NOT contributing to the life you are sharing .... living paycheck to paycheck is very stressful and eventually that stress will either ruin your health or mental health or be so frustrated that you can no longer accept his excuses....

I know depression is not something a person can snap out of but how will his life be when you want to leave ...or cut your losses. maybe sit down and set realistic expectations and discuss any solutions you can think of