Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What is one quality you value most in a healthy partnership?

User Profile: Hope
Hope May 2nd, 2023

Hi everyone! I hope you are well. Today I am here to talk about relationships. A caring relationship is built on trust, communication, and mutual understanding.

🖊️ What is one quality you value most in a healthy partnership?


If you are unsure what you value. This may help. Some qualities people value most in a healthy relationship are:

  1. Trust - Knowing you can be fully yourself without fear of judgment.

  2. Communication - Feeling heard and understood through open, honest sharing.

  3. Compassion - Showing kindness and caring for one another through support and empathy.

  4. Intimacy - Developing a deep bond and connection built on mutual understanding.

  5. Commitment - Making the relationship and the other person a priority through dedication.

26
User Profile: Jake445
Jake445 July 28th, 2023

Trust

communication


forgiveness


bringing out the best in each other



User Profile: KatePersephone
KatePersephone July 28th, 2023

@Hope

What is one quality you value most in a healthy partnership?

I honestly value all of these 5 qualities the same in a healthy partnership, because if even just one is missing, the partnership can be imbalanced and in long term become unhealthy, as well.

User Profile: WellsFiction
WellsFiction July 28th, 2023

@Hope Honesty. Honesty is very important to me. I desire to be in relationships that are real and true not fake and blah. Those are difficult relationships to find, yet so important!

User Profile: WinterRose9
WinterRose9 July 28th, 2023

The qualities that I value most in a relationship/marriage are Trust, Communication, Compassion and Commitment. Here is why, in the past relationships I have had I was either giving 100% of myself to them and only getting less than 10% of bare minimum, let alone actual effort. For them, the commitment would go out of the window, and then so would my trust because of the lack of commitment. Which brings me to the communication and compassion, some of the people in the past were great with communicating their whereabouts so I wouldn't get worried, but would heavily lack on the compassion. A relationship/marriage takes effort from both sides, one person can not just give all of themselves all the time to be met with little to nothing, because then it gets tiring at that person gets burnt out. I have been that person countless of times.

1 reply
User Profile: oliveCucumber8212
oliveCucumber8212 July 28th, 2023

@PhoenixButterfly97 I hear you

load more
User Profile: Gettingbettertoday
Gettingbettertoday July 28th, 2023

@Hope

Mutuality: the sharing of a feeling, action, or relationship between two or more parties.

User Profile: braveBirch8432
braveBirch8432 July 28th, 2023

Trust, communication and commitment is important to me

User Profile: DarknessBetweenStars
DarknessBetweenStars July 28th, 2023

@Hope

I believe it's Trust. It is like a foundation for a relationship

User Profile: Aurealix
Aurealix July 28th, 2023

For me validation of the other feelings (probably it is part of communication). Definitely having your partner validating your feelings, even if they don't understand them, but allowing you to be honest and not afraid to be ashamed for feeling a certain type of way is something that allows you to thrive in the relationship and even work together towards cope mechanisms that will make things easier on and for both.

User Profile: slowdecline48
slowdecline48 July 29th, 2023

Intelligence. Without it, the other qualities listed are not modulated according to the situation or context. Sure, compassion, honesty, etc. all matter. But for me, intelligence is the most important one. Without it, even compassion can be sufficiently misapplied or misused & cause damage. Besides, without intelligence the woman will not keep my interest... Consider that your S/O should be a good conversation partner, among other things. Because you will do more of that with him/her than anything else.

User Profile: plushMelon5541
plushMelon5541 July 29th, 2023

Open communication and compassion are most important for me.