Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What's the best "Relationship Advice" someone has ever given to you?

User Profile: AveryLove
AveryLove April 5th, 2019

hey lovely people!

What's the best "Relationship Advice" someone has ever given to you?

Bildergebnis für flower gif tumblr

123
User Profile: quietCloud22
quietCloud22 June 5th, 2019

Haha! Oh the dilemma!

User Profile: heyimsoph
heyimsoph June 5th, 2019

I think it is super important to set certain boundaries for the sake of yourself, your partner and those you normally spend time with. Don't spend all of your time with your significant other, even if you want to, as that is usually an unhealthy sign. Make sure you carve time out of your day for some alone time and to spend with friends and family. Only do what you are comfortable with and make sure you communicate with each other, and listen to yourself and your instincts.

Most importantly, take time to love yourself. Don't devote every lil tidbit of love you have to your partner, as you need some too.

User Profile: Chocolatecake1709
Chocolatecake1709 June 5th, 2019

if there is a problem, if your partner doesn't treat you well repeatedly, don't start resisting the fact and building an illusion of what they are, acknowledge it. Acknowledge the flaws. and don't listen to your heart- listen to your head, your heart is biased and will lead you to heartbreak and pain.

User Profile: annegray2018
annegray2018 June 5th, 2019

@AveryLove Don't force someone to love you. We need to let go and let the law of attraction take its place. And if they are meant tk be part of our lives it will all come to place on its own.

User Profile: DarkWings
DarkWings June 5th, 2019

Love cant be rushed.it needs time and space

@AveryLove

User Profile: kaibagirl
kaibagirl June 5th, 2019

If you have to convince yourself that you love someone, you don't.

User Profile: karenw
karenw June 5th, 2019

Trust and communication are the main foundations for a lasting healthy relationship.

User Profile: MalekDreemurr
MalekDreemurr June 5th, 2019

never force your feeling to be something beside what it should be :D

User Profile: MinaEA
MinaEA June 5th, 2019

"No food for free".

User Profile: bgdave
bgdave June 5th, 2019

Well when I was 40 my dear sweet late mother tried to get me to understand that a woman I was attracted to had too many problems for me to help her. I was stubborn and lonely and did not realize how right my mother was until much too late. She told me I know you care about her and her daughters but you need to look out for yourself first and foremost. I did not wake up until about a year in therapy and at the age of 50 I came to the painful realization I had lived my whole life as a Codependent person and my mother was right. I spent everything I had trying to help and provide for the relationship until it ruined me emotionally and financially. It is very hard having to learn to live alone at 56 with poor credit and both my parents gone. I have to learn to love and forgive myself for not listening to my mother.