Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

how does it make you feel when you hug a teddy bear (or, any other plushie)? - National Hug a Bear Day

User Profile: KatePersephone
KatePersephone November 8th, 2023

hi all! 
even though it is posted a day late - hehe :P - i would still love to ask you all!

how does it make you feel when you hug a teddy bear (or, any other plushie)? feel free to share with us 🤗


Are you new to the Relationship Stress community? Introduce yourself here!

Do you want to be the first to get updates on discussions and events? Consider joining the taglist!

Do you want to be updated on the weekly discussions in the Relationship Support Room? Subscribe to this thread!

Do you want to help out in the Relationship Stress forums? Consider becoming a forum supporter!

11
User Profile: DeLeeAh
DeLeeAh November 8th, 2023

@KateDoskocilova A big teddy bear especially the ones make me feel at home. I love big teddy bears. 

User Profile: KatePersephone
KatePersephone OP November 9th, 2023

@DeLeeAh that sounds so great, deleeah!! :3

load more
User Profile: Gettingbettertoday
Gettingbettertoday November 8th, 2023

@KateDoskocilova

It has been a long time since i hugged a plush. I don't remember having any emotional response. 

User Profile: KatePersephone
KatePersephone OP November 9th, 2023

@Gettingbettertoday that makes sense. :) it's okay that you didn't have any kind of emotional response to it!

User Profile: Gettingbettertoday
Gettingbettertoday November 9th, 2023

@KateDoskocilova

Yes it does. I am pretty much damaged as far as emotions go. Not only don't i get a feeling i don't know if i should or not. Am I under sensitive or are others that have feeling for inanimate objects over sensative?

User Profile: KatePersephone
KatePersephone OP November 9th, 2023

@Gettingbettertoday i wouldn't go as far as to say people who have emotional responses to things like plushies over sensitive, but i also wouldn't say that someone who doesn't have emotional responses to inanimate objects (plushies) is under sensitive. people have different responses to different things and that is completely okay and valid :D

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: Fradiga
Fradiga November 8th, 2023

@KateDoskocilova

My family and I would always go for a real animal. In fact, there is a 30-lbs dog warming up my back as I type. My grandson has a practically life-size panther called Simone. He uses her as an extra blankie. Plushies were not that popular when I was growing up. When it was my turn to raise kids, we had a menagerie at home. I guess I am too down-to-earth!

User Profile: KatePersephone
KatePersephone OP November 9th, 2023

@Fradiga that sounds very nice! :D

load more
User Profile: WinterRose9
WinterRose9 November 12th, 2023

@KateDoskocilova Oh I absolutely love when I hug a plushie, it makes me feel happy. Especially my squishmallows 

User Profile: KatePersephone
KatePersephone OP November 13th, 2023

@PhoenixButterfly97 i can relate! i love hugging plushiesss 

load more
User Profile: 4Jasmine
4Jasmine November 15th, 2023

@KateDoskocilova

Hugging a teddy bear or plushy makes me feel safe and comforted.💖