Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I can’t tell if this guy likes me or not. I’m so in love with him, it’s driving me crazy

User Profile: teddy35855
teddy35855 April 25th, 2022



If you were 100% straight, would you act this way towards an out gay man?


I’m gay. It’s easy to tell. I have the biggest crush on this guy in my class. We’ve been there for 3 months. We’re both 20, and in nursing school.


We are inseparable in that class. Other students call us “newlyweds” and constantly joke about us. We always stand close to each other.


He stares at me CONSTANTLY. I mean all the time. I look up, and he’s staring at me. I walk into the room, and he stares at me. In class, he is always waiting by the door for me, and always greets me. I do the same for him.


Anytime we talk, we get close to each other and whisper. In our nursing class, he is much more “up close and personal” with me, than anyone else in the class. He has no problem sticking his hand up my shirt, or touching my legs during physicals. Last class, when we were sitting next to each other, he physically pulled my chair closer to his, while I was sitting on it. I have a hard time believing a straight man would do that…


We are constantly talking about our lives, our futures, and our past. We talk about our childhood, and how many kids we want in the future. We talk about our hobbies and interests. He does woodworking and always shows me pics of his projects. He drafts chemistry experiments fun, and always shares his results with me.


Anytime we’re alone, he paces the room, until he finds the right thing to say to me. He is always asking me questions like “Do you have any interest in hunting?” Or “What’s your favorite tv show?”. I get so excited when he initiates a conversation.


I’m confused because he recently told me he dated a few girls, and has been extremely distant from me. He also started calling me “bro” and “dawg” out of nowhere…


My question to you is, would a straight man do these things? I believe that men can be close friends, and not be attracted to each other…but some of the things this guy does is obviously taking it farther than that.


I don’t want to make him feel uncomfortable if he is straight, but would want to take things further if he likes men. But I like him, and would totally be JUST friends with him too


I’m thinking he sent me a signal, and I accidentally ignored it, and so he pulled back?


Would YOU do these things to another man if you’re 100% straight?

3
User Profile: MidwesternCalmSeeker
MidwesternCalmSeeker May 21st, 2022

@teddy35855

It sounds like this person is conflicted and possibly confused. Perhaps by creating a safe space for the two of you to talk about what he's actually feeling is a possible way to get the answers you seek. Maybe if he feels like you're going to be nonjudgmental no matter what he shares, it'll help him feel comfortable to open up? It does sound like he's a little confused about where he stands.

User Profile: dukeofdearham
dukeofdearham May 22nd, 2022

@teddy3585,

keep it simple, tell him how you feel.


User Profile: human209
human209 May 23rd, 2022

@teddy35855

I feel that he wants to make you jealous by saying he's dating other women because he wants to be near you he wants to make sure people know you are his that's why he always pulls you closer and has no fear of touching you ( NOT INAPPROPRIATELY ) he might like you so try and tell him you like him.