Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

In love with my best friend, and she doesn't feel the same.

User Profile: Swiftbird
Swiftbird February 9th, 2019

We've been friends for a few years, and it's safe to say she is the person I feel closest to. About 2 years ago, she got a boyfriend and things started to change. I didnt know why, but it was incredibly painful to see her with him. It brought me so much anxiety and jealousy, and my disapproval of the relationship has always been a barrier between us. Every time he is even mentioned, I feel a rush of pain, and end up acting resentful towards her which leads into a fight.

We recently went on a 4 month road trip together, and I just loved living life with her everyday. However as the end of it drew near, it became really tense because I knew she would return to her boyfriend, and I would move to a different town.

During our trip I could no longer ignore the fact that I was in love with her. This was a hard thing for me to accept because I also wasn't ready to fully admit that I am gay. I finally told her everything. It was painful because I wished that it would change something, but it didn't. Now she is living with her boyfriend, and not only am I a couple of hours away, but I feel uncomfortable even visiting her. I have never been able to feel okay when he is around. I don't know what to do, or how to keep our friendship alive. She still wants to be close, but being away from her has been very hard. I miss her everyday, and knowing she is with him is what hurts the most. I just don't know how to come to terms with it.

3
User Profile: kitkat34567
kitkat34567 February 13th, 2019

@Swiftbird i am sorry to hear that she didn't feel the same way i hope the next person you like feels the same way as you do from my experience crushes don't always work out so don't feel bad sooner or later the right person will pop up into your life.

1 reply
User Profile: GhostBunnywhite
GhostBunnywhite March 11th, 2019

@kitkat34567 Wlaughaa... Oi mate @Swiftbird, look this kit just open a big door for u..laugh

load more
User Profile: GhostBunnywhite
GhostBunnywhite March 11th, 2019

@Swiftbird move onyes