Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

My best friend seem like not caring, I'm thinking of giving up friendship

User Profile: ghostjuice
ghostjuice May 30th, 2016

I have long 6yo distance relationship with my friend. We used to be so close when talking, for eg. same jokes, same interests etc. but we can see each other rarely.

She used to be lovely and kind but she started to make distance for eg. I wanted to post our photos for the first meeting but then she yelled at me that she was ugly at them (I posted only hair. yes, hair) but months later her other friend (not bff) posted her photos with face and she was ok with it. Other hand, she says to me that she doesnt like to skype but does it with the other friend, and when I want it she says she dont have time.

But it isn't about it. She started new school, it means that she left the old one: she became more sad, distanced, I told her that I'm here always the same so why she is changing our relationship like that. Anyway, in the new school she is telling me all the time she wants to be friends with other people and theyre cool etc and she ingores what I tell her about my stuff and she don't seem interested bc she's like "I don't know it I wont talk about it" but when she is saying something about her idols etc and I dont like those, I can talk normally. like wtf.

I give her all my love, i'm saying that I love her but the last time I didnt get a reply. She said: why I have to reply? I don't have to

Anyway she is saying that She loves me and I'm her bff but i dont feel it. I talk with her about it but she always saying that I'm a drama maker. Later she is making herself a sad poor person bc of that.

1
User Profile: cristiana33
cristiana33 May 30th, 2016

@ghostjuice

Hey there! I don't think your friendship is over. I believe you are passing a difficult period and you both should try to understand each other's difficulties and accept that distance can change some things but not everything. Instead of yelling and demanding stuff you could try to make things a bit more light hearted and put accept on the fact you are there for each other no matter what.

Sometimes things do change and relationship become weaker but that is up to each of you. And if it happens, you can't do much but accept it.

My personal story: I had a very long good friendship of over 9 years with my former best friend. She got married and had a child and even if we were in the same city we couldn't keep our normal special dates and couldn't see each other for many months. We got into stupid fights that eventually grew up apart and now we don't talk at all. But it is up to you both what will happen from this moment forward.

I'd stay away from accusing each other for small things or putting questions like "u don't care about me anymore?" and just try to support each other the best you can and accept that there are some moments and challenges you aren't part of in each other lives. If she has some new friends it doesn't mean she doesn't want you anymore. It's okay to have more people around you.