Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What is one quality you look for in a friend?

User Profile: blossombreathe
blossombreathe November 27th, 2016

What is one quality you look for in a friend?

~ Honesty. - Even though the truth can hurt, I'd like to have a friend who doesn't keep things from me.

Blossom xx

205
User Profile: intellectualBeing6602
intellectualBeing6602 December 5th, 2016

To be allowed into completely my friend's life so that I can reciprocate with a corresponding involvement and in an equally important stance, say things to my face. For example, a friend giving an excuse for politely declining doing something together might rather do well with me by saying, "I'm around, but I feel like spending time with my spouse/other family right now... is that okay?" Then wait for an answer.

i mean one would do the same thing if it were the other way around.

1 reply
User Profile: blossombreathe
blossombreathe OP December 5th, 2016

@intellectualBeing6602

I see what you mean Being!! Spending time together is important. smiley

load more
User Profile: sgreens1
sgreens1 December 5th, 2016

Understanding

1 reply
User Profile: blossombreathe
blossombreathe OP December 5th, 2016

@sgreens1

Having an understanding friend allows you to become closer and really empathise with each other. Thank you for sharing your thoughts!! I love having understanding friends because they can see what you're feeling and try to help and support you in the best way possible. smiley

load more
User Profile: domah2
domah2 December 5th, 2016

Empathy

2 replies
User Profile: blossombreathe
blossombreathe OP December 5th, 2016

@domah2

Empathy is a significant part of a friendship. Being able to understand others and support them in the best way you can makes the other person feel comforted and happy. smiley

User Profile: Autumnsprings
Autumnsprings December 5th, 2016

@domah2

That's what I said as well! Having someone who understands and truly gets you and what you're going through are so important.

load more
User Profile: Autumnsprings
Autumnsprings December 5th, 2016

Empathy.

3 replies
User Profile: blossombreathe
blossombreathe OP December 5th, 2016

@Autumnsprings

Yes!! laugh Good thought. wink

2 replies
User Profile: Autumnsprings
Autumnsprings December 5th, 2016

@blossombreathe

I was trying to think of a way to combine understanding and compassion into one word. That was the best I could think of. Loyalty and kindness are also important. But I think empathy is the most important to me.

1 reply
User Profile: blossombreathe
blossombreathe OP December 6th, 2016

@Autumnsprings

Yes, having a friend who is kind let's you grow as a person! Thank you for sharing. smiley

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: GabrielJS
GabrielJS December 5th, 2016

As lame as it sounds it's loyalty.

2 replies
User Profile: blossombreathe
blossombreathe OP December 5th, 2016

@GabrielJS

It doesn't sound lame!! I once had a fake friend who never seemed to be there when I needed them most. Loyalty is very important. smiley

December 5th, 2016

@GabrielJS Not lame at all. It's an important quality to have.

load more
User Profile: ivoryBunny7465
ivoryBunny7465 December 5th, 2016

Empathy

Or

Unconditional

2 replies
User Profile: blossombreathe
blossombreathe OP December 5th, 2016

@ivoryBunny7465

Awesome! Unconditional hasn't popped up yet, thank you for mentioning it. Loving somebody no matter what and being there for them is amazing in a friendship. smiley

1 reply
User Profile: ivoryBunny7465
ivoryBunny7465 December 5th, 2016

@blossombreathe

Thanks...yes it is a big one in any friendship - relationship.😆

load more
load more
User Profile: DapperRaspberries
DapperRaspberries December 5th, 2016

Empathy would be my biggest personality trait that I need out of my friends. Everyone is going or has gone through things, and it would be helpful if everyone could understand that and help one another.

1 reply
User Profile: blossombreathe
blossombreathe OP December 5th, 2016

@DapperRaspberries

Yes raspberries! I also love your explanation for that. Empathy seems to be a big aspect of a friend people look for. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. smileywink

load more
User Profile: dreamgirl44444
dreamgirl44444 December 5th, 2016

Honesty

2 replies
User Profile: blossombreathe
blossombreathe OP December 5th, 2016

@dreamgirl44444

Ah yes, girl. This hasn't been mentioned that much. Even though honesty can hurt, it is better to get the truth out in the open. I feel comforted when I know the full truth within a friendship. Keeping things to yourself isn't healthy and doesn't allow your friend to provide you with the help and support you need. smiley

1 reply
User Profile: dreamgirl44444
dreamgirl44444 December 5th, 2016

I totally agree :)

@blossombreathe

load more
load more
User Profile: mayuree
mayuree December 5th, 2016

Some one who accept me as I m

1 reply
User Profile: blossombreathe
blossombreathe OP December 5th, 2016

@mayuree

Having an accepting friend is a very good quality to have. As everybody deserves to be comfortable in their own skin and to be understood by their friends. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. smiley

load more
December 5th, 2016

Patience would be good.

1 reply
User Profile: blossombreathe
blossombreathe OP December 5th, 2016

@essdee

Good idea!! Friends should be patient and allow you to take your time with things. Stay strong, together. Thank you for sharing! laugh

load more