Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What is one quality you look for in a friend?

User Profile: blossombreathe
blossombreathe November 27th, 2016

What is one quality you look for in a friend?

~ Honesty. - Even though the truth can hurt, I'd like to have a friend who doesn't keep things from me.

Blossom xx

205
User Profile: BeingOfService
BeingOfService December 5th, 2016

Ability to tolerate my anxiety

2 replies
User Profile: blossombreathe
blossombreathe OP December 5th, 2016

@BeingOfService

Having a friend who supports you and knows how to help you out when you are anxious is an extremely important point. Friends should always accept you for who you are and try to understand you and your situation. smiley

1 reply
User Profile: BeingOfService
BeingOfService December 6th, 2016

@blossombreathe my friends may not understand my anxiety or know how to work with it very well, but they at least accept me for who I am so that's a huge plus

load more
load more
User Profile: UnassumingSailhelp
UnassumingSailhelp December 5th, 2016

(っ◔◡◔)っ

Someone giving me hugs and liking me for who I am... and...

LOVE!!

2 replies
User Profile: blossombreathe
blossombreathe OP December 5th, 2016

@UnassumingSailhelp

Yup!!! Love is an awesome part of a friendship. *huggles* heartlaugh

1 reply
User Profile: UnassumingSailhelp
UnassumingSailhelp December 5th, 2016

@blossombreathe

<3

load more
load more
December 5th, 2016

Trust

1 reply
User Profile: blossombreathe
blossombreathe OP December 5th, 2016

@greenApple3299

Trust is a good quality in a friendship, as you know that even in tough times, you are able to rely on one another. smiley

load more
User Profile: Lostdesire
Lostdesire December 5th, 2016

Reliability

1 reply
User Profile: blossombreathe
blossombreathe OP December 5th, 2016

@Lostdesire

A good quality. Being able to lean on your friend (not literally!) through tough times is very reassuring. smiley

load more
User Profile: cookies4evam8
cookies4evam8 December 5th, 2016

humour I guess. It's good to know I can laugh all the stress and pain away with someone I care about

2 replies
User Profile: blossombreathe
blossombreathe OP December 5th, 2016

@cookies4evam8

Humour is a really good quality. I love the way you explain how it helps you out too. smiley

1 reply
User Profile: cookies4evam8
cookies4evam8 December 6th, 2016

@blossombreathe

thank you!

load more
load more
User Profile: TransAm85
TransAm85 December 5th, 2016

I'd say tolerance, acceptance, and humor. Most come and go over time, so if they can tolerate and accept me, my husband, and my family, then we're good to go.

1 reply
User Profile: blossombreathe
blossombreathe OP December 5th, 2016

@TransAm85

Yes, that's a good mix of qualities! Humour makes things more fun and tolerance allows both people to empathise with each other. Thank you for sharing! laugh

load more
User Profile: Wildatheart88
Wildatheart88 December 5th, 2016

That would be compassion.

1 reply
User Profile: blossombreathe
blossombreathe OP December 5th, 2016

@Wildatheart88

Aha, yes!! I've learnt a lot about compassion since joining 7 Cups. laugh

load more
User Profile: uselesscookies
uselesscookies December 5th, 2016

Intelligence.

2 replies
User Profile: blossombreathe
blossombreathe OP December 5th, 2016

@uselesscookies

I see where you're coming from, cookies!! Having an intelligent friend in a certain subject means they can help you if you need something explaining. smiley

1 reply
User Profile: uselesscookies
uselesscookies December 5th, 2016

@blossombreathe

I mostly just like having discussions/debates/etc with intelligent people. Aside from that, I guess that's pretty helpful for school and stuff too.

load more
load more
User Profile: Rain45
Rain45 December 5th, 2016

Someone who is there in good and bad times, someone who accepts me for who I am and doesnt try and mould me into something they wish me to be, sincerity, honesty, trustworthy, loyal and who can make me smile and someone I that touches that piece of my heart only reserved for special people

1 reply
User Profile: blossombreathe
blossombreathe OP December 5th, 2016

@dancingRainbow45

Woah! That's wonderful rainbow. It covers a lot of your thoughts really well. I believe friends should be loyal and there for you no matter what. However, they should also be funny and create memories together! laugh

load more
December 5th, 2016

Non-judgmental is the best quality to look for in a friend. I have a crazy life and most of the things that I go through, I keep it bottled in because I'm surrounded by judgmental people.

1 reply
User Profile: blossombreathe
blossombreathe OP December 5th, 2016

@goodApricot1221

Awh I'm so sorry to hear you feel like you can't express your thoughts; I feel the same sometimes. Having non-judgemental friends is very important, thank you for sharing! *hugs* smileyheart

load more