Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Dad threw the newspaper across the table (And he tells me to act like an adult?)

User Profile: Disneywoman
Disneywoman July 3rd

Background: 
We been having a heatwave, for the last couple of days.  So that makes everyone grumpy.   Also I'm on the Autism Spectrum.   Most days when I go downstairs for lunch Dad's done with the newspaper.  I hate it when he's still at the table reading the main section.  And most days there's only 2 sections we actually read, Main section and business section.  Also everyone else in the house reads the paper ... so....  s.....l...o...w...l...y   I think I wouldn't be getting the section until next week. 

Also Dad's has a lot of jobs to do inside the house- ie lights need fixing, as does the one item in the shower/bathroom which changes the water from tap into the bathtub to the shower) it's been stuck if  you put it all the way down- I'm suppose to leave it up for Mom to have showers.  But i'm just so use, to putting it all the way down because when the shower changer actually works,  Dad has a bad habit of leaving it up.

Story

I went downstairs for lunch and I wasn't happy about the fact Dad was still reading the newspaper at the dinning room table.  I been having cold Cheese sandwiches due to the fact it been hot so it means lunch would be quicker on the table  compared to my normal  toasted, microwave cheese sandwiches.   So I put my orange juice cup on the table and Dad tried to talk to me and after I said "I'm just tired"  and he started talking about being hot.  I'm confused because what does being hot having to do with being tired? I just assume I was tired due to going to bed late the last couple of days. i just ask him to just continue reading the paper, and instead he threw it across the table like a  2 year old (and he tells ME to act like an adult?).   


So I had to put the newspaper together and then after Mom came down asking for Dad's help with the shower thingy he blamed me for it, even though I didn't do it on purpose, and then told me to shut up and "stay away from him".  

6
User Profile: Disneywoman
Disneywoman OP July 3rd

@Amanda84

User Profile: AdemHope
AdemHope July 3rd

@Disneywoman

I'm sorry you had to experience that. It sounds like a very frustrating and hurtful situation. I hope things become calmer for you soon 💚

3 replies
User Profile: Disneywoman
Disneywoman OP July 3rd

@AdemHope next week I'm at camp so its means I don't have to worry so much about Dad. 

2 replies
User Profile: Samuriheart
Samuriheart July 4th

@Disneywoman

I hope the pressures your dad was projecting subside while your at camp.

Try not to take it personally, he might just need to cool off. Sometimes the ones we are closest to gets the blame but its more on them than yourself I think. If you feel that may happen again just stay out of his firing line. Hope his mind becomes clearer and all be well. 🍀 look forward to camp

1 reply
User Profile: Disneywoman
Disneywoman OP July 4th

@Samuriheart  Check out the Anxiety thread I have about Dad and Luna.   You will see history of Dad and me.   Also check the thread about Dad throwing a chair across the room. 

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 July 3rd

@Disneywoman

It's so frustrating your dad doesn't allow you communicate your point of view 💛

hug.gif