I broke my boyfriend’s trust and he won’t start a relationship with me until I have proven to him that I have changed.
I had watched porn during our relationship and the nature of it caused trauma to come back and I have broken his trust. He won’t start a talking stage or a relationship with me again until I have proven to him that I have changed. I have started therapy and I’m going to say to my family that I am bi, some people already know but not everyone. Is there anyone who knows how I can prove to him that I am changing and that I can be the best person for him?
@JackieBee
Hi there, thanks for reaching out.
It’s good to hear you’ve started therapy. Hopefully in time, you and your partner can talk openly about your relationship. It’s important to have an honest conversation with him about your actions and your feelings. Explain why you watched porn, acknowledge the pain it caused him, and express your remorse.
- Demonstrating through your actions that you are committed to rebuilding trust. This includes being transparent and reliable in your behavior.