Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I dont know what to do anymore, because people say I need to be a man, but was I not making the best decisions possible as a man...

User Profile: ConfusedMan99
ConfusedMan99 March 1st

Recently I had a life changing event happen to me.

I'm 27, 3 years ago I moved to California to live with my girlfriend, and recently my parents came over and didnt life the life style I was living.

My parents are Cuban, so they keep everything tidy and clean even if its a tiny drop of juice that feel onto the counter, so they keep everything organized everytime, and nothing is dirty, everything has to be well kept. So, they recently visited our apartment as I live with my gf, her mom and her uncle. (Her mom and uncle dont have documents, so they stay with us)

So, we arent as organized, things arents their usual life style and my parents snapped, they told me I have to pack up and go with them, they didnt like as they saw me bring food to my gf or feed food to our cats, but we both share responsibilities, we were working while they visited and we both felt tired.

So, I tried my best to make every decision, I protested that I didnt want to go, but my parents were packing my things, I begged, pleaded, and they told me I deserve better because I didnt live in a home that was disorganized, but it wasn't that bad, obviously yes we could be better but why didnt they say that in the beginning, every problem has a solution, my mom told my gf she wasnt women enough, as my gf isn't that well organized, but keeps things organized by her preference.

So, I'm back at my parents place, as I tried what I can to not lose what I have, to the point I told my gf I will do everything, if I have to grind my bones to go back, but I know its hurting her, and shr is angry with me, as she says I've made the worst decision ever, but she wants me back and at the same time doesnt.

What is a man to do, because I dont want to be a punching bag, life is stabbing me in each direction, Im only human, being a man is trying to understand peoples feelings, being a man is trying to be strong but also be calm in dire situation. I'm an adult yes, but I make mistakes as anyone else! WHAT IS THE RIGHT THING TO DO BECAUSE IM GOING INSANE RIGHT NOW, EVERYTHING IS CRUMBLING, I CAN'T PROCESS WHAT TO DO....

1
User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 March 3rd

@ConfusedMan99

I know your parents have their own standards but you are entitled to build a life and live as you see fit with your gf.

Why do your parents think they can control your life at 27 years of age?

Being a man can mean many different things.

You are a man!

In this case it might mean fighting for the life you want!

💙

i-love-you-love-you.gif