Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I feel a lot of pain and guilt for planning to leave my fiance and partner of 7 years

User Profile: shinyruby
shinyruby July 31st

It’s quite evident that my partner doesn’t love me the same way I love him. These past years have only gotten worse and worse and I’m almost convinced that he’s a narcissist. He’s cheated on me in the past and like a fool I stayed. By myself I battled the inner struggle of feeling like I was ugly and insufficient. He never reassured me during this difficult period and claimed I was being insecure and that he was proving himself to me that he had change, but would indulge in behaviors such as hanging out with girls one on one till dawn during the aftermath. Over time he finally proposed to which i said yes. We recently had a big fight which has left me feeling unsure for our future and I’ve slowly come to the realization that I need to get out of this relationship. But it frustrates me and hurts me that i invested so much time into this relationship and that it feels like my time is fleeting. I’m scared to be alone, I have no other friends and no one to talk to. I just want to escape this feeling

4
User Profile: RedOceanSun
RedOceanSun July 31st

@shinyruby

First of all you should definitely decide wether you leave him or not. If a deciesion is made, do the next step.

@shinyruby This is quite the predicament to be in. I'm sorry you're hurting right now, but please let me say this-- you shouldn't feel guilty for deciding that it is time to let go of a relationship that isn't healthy for you. If something is causing you this much strife and pain, then ask yourself is it really something you need? Don't you know how important you are? Don't you know how deserving you are? A relationship with infidelity, no trust, lies, no respect, no love, no empathy, no compassion, etc can't survive. A relationship with only one person giving their heart and love is one sided. A relationship requires to willing people to make it work and, oh man, does it require work. It is ok to think about choosing you. Valuing your happiness and wellbeing over being with someone just because. I get you. You have history. You've put all this time into the relationship and this person for what? I am never the one to suggest to someone they leave or stay. You've got a lot of thinking to do in deciding on what's best for you. But know you're worthy and deserving. Don't let the fear of being alone cause you to settle just because. If this person is the one you really love and want to truly work on things for the better, perhaps a heart to heart is needed. Communication and honesty is important. Respect is important. I truly wish you all the best and happiness in whatever you decide to do. Take care! ♡☆ 

User Profile: Sharing3312
Sharing3312 August 2nd
  1. I am so sorry you’ve been carrying all this pain. Please remember that his toxicity and cheating are a reflection of him, not your worth or beauty. You deserve someone who reassures you, cherishes you, and never makes you doubt yourself. Please prioritize your own peace and well-being right now

User Profile: Sharing3312
Sharing3312 August 2nd
  1. I am so sorry you’ve been carrying all this pain. Please remember that his toxicity and cheating are a reflection of him, not your worth or beauty. You deserve someone who reassures you, cherishes you, and never makes you doubt yourself. Please prioritize your own peace and well-being right now