Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I know I am right somehow my heart knows it but she is giving me a guilt trip. That I'm immature to not understand.

User Profile: toughPond411
toughPond411 August 11th, 2025

Over the past weeks, I’ve been dealing with a deep sense of betrayal and confusion involving my best friend and someone I have emotional history with. I discovered a picture where he had his head on her shoulder — something she consented to and allowed him to capture. In the past, she often asked me whether I had feelings for him, so I know she was aware of the situation’s emotional weight for me. When I confronted her, instead of giving me a direct explanation, she deflected, accused me of making “dirty allegations,” suggested I’d “gone mad,” and changed the topic repeatedly. Eventually, she claimed she did it to help him with “content” and minimized my feelings by saying she didn’t think it would affect me that much. This has left me feeling numb, hurt, and doubting my ability to trust people I thought were safe. The hardest part is not only the picture itself, but her lack of accountability and dismissal of how her actions impacted me.

1
User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 August 11th, 2025

@toughPond411

She should have just listened.

Heard you out.

Apologised if you were hurt.

Explained.

Not deflected or got defensive.

That made things worse 🥺

I'm sorry you felt this way💜💕