Relationship vs dream career
My bf (dated 4 years) had a dream of becoming a Professor. We met in the UK and now he got an offer from his home country. I want to live in the UK. He feels conflicted and he knows if he sacrifice his love towards his work, he will lose his identity.
I am crying hard now and we decided to be on a break and see what we think of this. He wants me to come with him but thats not my preference as i am scared of job instability in our home country.
I want to let him go but these three days i couldnt stop crying. I feel i have forgotten about myself. I feel lost. I am 35 years old.
@Teslastar
Dear Beloved,
He has chosen what his heart desires, and you have chosen what you want to choose.
It is a painful situation. Please think about the positives and negatives of both situations before making any decision, so that you do not regret it. Follow your heart. Do more of what brings you peace, happiness, and relief. Do not choose what brings you suffering in the end.
It is not that he no longer loves you. He wants to take you with him. He is giving you a choice about whether to go with him. It is good that you have decided to take some time before making a decision.
I can feel your pain. Receive my healing hug for your beautiful soul. I can understand that it is an emotional moment for you.
You do not need to feel lost. You do not need to forget yourself. You need to realize what your heart truly wants and follow it.
We cannot control what other people think, feel, or do. We have no control over their actions and decisions, but we do have control over what we think, feel, or do. Please make your decision wisely.