Boyfriend has a terminally ill mother.
Not too sure what I can do about my feelings with this. His mum has early onset Alzheimer's and his dad is too emotional to help, so it's left to my boyfriend and his sister. It's really started to affect our relationship, in the beginning it was fine and I'd help and I was happy to, never questioned it. But over time, my boyfriend has shut me out, to the point he can't even tell me he loves me unless I say it first and won't emotionally open up to me. He doesn't ask and just assumes I will be fine with them coming to over to our house without asking me first, or he and his family assume I will take care of her on random days due to being off with furlough or being available in the evenings after work. I've never been asked, and if I say I'm not sure about if I'm okay with it, they say I will be fine and to crack on with it. My boyfriend is working on communicating with me about his emotions and showing he loves me more, but I'm worried it's too late and I'm worried that, since his mum is only getting worse, that it won't stay that way, since he still isn't asking about stuff concerning his family.
Thank you for sharing this with us here. It must be tough to deal with all of this going on.
Sorry you're going through that @Daisies11100. Sending lots of support and lots of hugs.
It's a really hard situation to be in. Ilnesses in our parents are hard, and Alzheimer's is a very difficult one. Your boyfriend is probably grieving the loss of his mother in a way already, and grief can be very difficult, especially when it's about a parent. I hope you can continue to work on your relationship with your boyfriend and that you two can continue to talk openly with one another. From my experience, grief can be very difficult for some people, and that coupled with the stress of still dealing with the "logistics" of it all, and caring for an ailing parent can make it hard for your boyfriend to really connect and have too much more left to offer at the end of the day. It's not because he doesn't want to, it's likely just because he's too exhaused and overwhelmed with it all. He's probably not fully checking in with himself either. Keep supporting him if you can, to the extent that you can and is ok for you, but please take care of yourself too, and if possible decide on what boundaries you need to maintain for your own piece of mind. It's hard to be supportive of someone else when it's affecting your own well being so keep asking for support and make sure you work on filling your cup too. Stay strong. Wishing you strength and lots of love.