Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Does he wants a relationship or just friends and is being nice with me?

User Profile: emotionalSpring4007
emotionalSpring4007 September 19th, 2021

I have known this man for two years and we have spoken by text for almost a year because he moved out of state a year ago a few months ago he told me to have a formal dating relationship but I told him that I was not sure because a year ago I had divorced ... we talked every day all day by text messages and he told me that he thought we wanted the same things, so he stopped answering my messages and when he used to answer he did it with monosyllables we lasted a month and half without speaking and recently we started talking frequently again one of those times I told him that I missed him and that I love him and he replied that he misses me a lot and that he loves me more than he should and every time he says goodbye he tells me " love you ".. I'm a bit confused because I don't know if she still wants a serious relationship because he haven't mentioned anything about again.

1
User Profile: CatzInTheCradle
CatzInTheCradle September 20th, 2021

@emotionalSpring4007


The first time he asked you for a serious relationship you said NO. You didn't know where you were in terms of relationships because of your divorce. You didn't have to say yes, but think - he took the initiative to ask you, and got rejected in a way. So he got upset which is why he started to behave differently. It's only been a few months later - how does he know if you're still feeling uncertain about relationships because of your divorce? If he asks you for a relationship again, will you just reject him again? He was sure you wanted the same things the first time he asked, but instead you said no and he got embarrassed. So from his point of view, he tells you he loves you all the time, but telling you he loves you is not what got him rejected. Asking for a relationship is what got him rejected. That's why he's probably not in a hurry to ask again this time, when he's even less certain than last time.

If you want a serious relationship, maybe you need to suggest it to him this time instead, because you're the one that was uncertain previously.

Hope this helps ~ ^^
CatzInTheCradle