Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Fight with Dad because I was hungry and then Mom said "my relationship with food is 'weird'."

User Profile: Disneywoman
Disneywoman January 8th, 2024

Background:

I had two appointments this morning (10:15 and 11:00)  so it meant I had to wake up at about 8:35-40. So I prefer to have more then just a granola bar and OJ  for breakfast.   And when I get home past 11:45 - I'm a raging bull because I'm hungry or I should say "hangry"   Oh and my parents are SO sure that my sister wouldn't mind being my 'caregiver" both financially and psychically -me on the other hand, I'm not quiet sure about that.


Story

I went to my two appointments but all I had to eat yet today was Granola bar and some OJ.   So when we got home I had started to get items out for me to start to use for my lunch and Mom made me go upstairs and change.  So when I got back downstairs -since Dad had gone to Costco when Mom and I were at my appointments- his bags of food  were in my way and because there's no other way (at the moment) to get to the counter- it started a yelling match between me and him- if I could have played "twister"- what it sounds  or could have gotten around it by using the living room -which at the moment I couldn't  -the yelling match wouldn't have happened .  It just when I'm hungry or as a woman on a trip we meet once "hangry" you do not want to get between me and my food. 


When I got finished and talked to Mom she said "Its not like you haven't eaten yet"   And she also said a few minutes latter "You and your relationship with food is weird."   And then said something "you will want fruit in a short bit but then latter you wouldn't want to do exercise or force yourself to one Cubii"    Today I don't want to do any exercise due having to get up so *** earlier (I normally sleep in till at least 10am, or later 11am)


To me the relationship with food isn't weird at all. I just think/know one day I might not be able to afford cheese which I love, nor will I be able to afford banana, apples, pineapple, OJ, ... well you get the picture.    So I'm think I'm trying to eat as much as possible before anything happens when I can't afford it anymore.   

I know I should exercise twice a day but I'm still recovering from a fall from a month ago (but I wasn't do much before then either)  and I get tired of doing just one Cubbii every day.  And especially on Thursdays- i chase my Dad around a couple of stores because its like walking with a real life Hagrid.   And today, I don't really want to do any exercise at all due to getting up so early.   


As I said in the background- My parents are really certain that my sister wouldn't mind being my caregiver  both finically and psychically  but  I'm not so sure about that. What if she says "no" to being that?   What will I do then?   And also i'm not really big on my sister being my caregiver due to back in  1999   she had to be my temporary caregiver when  Mom and Dad were away but that was a plan d) due to the fact our one aunt, is one of those "cuckoo parents' who leave their children with others.   And that wasn't a very nice experience for me outside of having cotton candy and being taken to see the French circus      I don't have a job due to being on a DI  nor do I have a boyfriend to help me out either if something was to happen to Mom and Dad  



1
User Profile: Disneywoman
Disneywoman OP January 8th, 2024

additonal note:

I have a semi-better relationship with my Mom then I do with my Dad and Sister.    The only time I don't have a good relationship with my Mom:

She makes me walk way to far

she promises once thing and then tells me to do something else.