Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Struggling with mental health and family not supporting me

User Profile: aquamarine777
aquamarine777 December 3rd, 2023

I've been living with mental illness for a few years now and because of my illness I haven't been able to work and am still financially dependent on my family. I don't get along with them well, we don't share the same values and they don't approve of my boyfriend who I have been with for 3 years. They make my life really hard because they always start fights or problems every time I go to see him. They don't understand or support me with my mental illness because they don't understand. They don't allow me to have much freedom, give me a curfew and treat me like I'm a child even though I'm in my late twenties.

I know the best thing for me would be to simply move out and live with my boyfriend but because I haven't been able to work I don't have the financial means to do so. I am trying to get a full time job so I can have a stable income but it will take time and I don't know how to manage the situation in the meantime. I am really struggling in this situation and some help would be appreciated. 

2