Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Am I my hisband’s emotional punching bag

User Profile: toughTortoise9896
toughTortoise9896 February 26th, 2021

Hi everyone, I’m here because I feel like I’m my partner’s emotional punching bag, when he’s upset about something or frustrated of too tired I end up being yelled at and accused of terrible, mean things. It happened multiple times in the past but I felt like we were on a better path until tonight when a tiny event became once again reason to yell at me in the street saying that “I don’t give a fuck about about his family” and “that I enjoy making things awful” and so on... Now I know that all of us subconsciously use the people who are closer to us to unload some of our worse emotions (I used to do it all the time with my mother :( ) but I also feel like he’s going over a “healthy” limit. I’m the past I often researched ragehaolics to understand what was happening when he flipped but I’m not sure he’s one. He can be very sweet and mostly reasonable and calm. Until he looses his calm and he is abruptly saying the most awful things. I should also say that a few times he hit objects while in one of his moments. Once he repeatedly hit the handle of our baby’s stroller (with him in it :( )after that I was so distraught for so long that I think he understood that was an absolute deal breaker and he has not been doing that anymore. With that said the problem is mostly that after he dies stuff like tonight, I am always the one that has to calm him down, even when it’s the last thing I want to do. And then he starts apologizing and he becomes super sweet for a little bit. I absolutely hate that. He wants to caress me, hug me mire especially if other people are around. It feels wrong to me so I tend to push him away. I’m not sure why it feels so wrong, I’m not sure if pushing him away is the right thing. But it feels so wrong. I would love any advice as this has being going on fir a long time, We’ve had many stressors this year (as most of the world) but I am not willing to be his punching bag. Tia ❤️

1
User Profile: toughTortoise9896
toughTortoise9896 OP February 26th, 2021

Sorry for the many mistakes, I posted without spell checking :/