Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

How can I handle unhealthy eating habits with my partner? I am overweight, my partner is underweight.

User Profile: infjcookie84
infjcookie84 October 13th, 2018

I feel disappointed with myself right now. My relationship is affecting my weight loss progress. I am trying really hard to lose weight. But every time I lose weight, I gain back all the weight again & more.

My partner does shift work & like yesterday, he returns at midnight & bought both of us food although I reminded him not to buy food for me. It is because he knows that I love food & I am an aesthetic eater. Meaning that, when I see food I need to eat it or my body shakes & tingles & I cannot sleep. Eating other food alternatives does not help take away these feelings.

I am angry with myself because my weight yo-yos a lot, I lose 1-2kg every 3 days, & gain back 3kg in the next 3 days, it is a horrible cycle.

My partner never gains weight, he eats a lot & anytime. He has a desk job but has really high metabolism.

It is bad for me to lose my weight loss progress because my partner loves looking at pretty and slim women, but I have not been pretty & slim for a long time because of this. I have gained 11kg or more (it yo-yos) in 4 years since I am with him.

I thought about going to sleep if he returns home late, but the highlight of his day is coming home to eat sit with me sitting next to him, otherwise he prefers not to eat & he becomes even more underweight.

I eat little portions when I eat with him at midnight, but I still gain 1-2kg overnight. My body simple cannot eat late night. How can I stop eating with my partner when I am not hungry? What should I do?

2
User Profile: sensitivebrokensoul87
sensitivebrokensoul87 October 13th, 2018

Hi, I'm new to 7 cups, But I just ran in to your post, I suffer from being overweight my self, for many years, 5 years ago I was able to drop 80 lbs..... Then I had my son and regained that weight right away. Never ever feel ashamed honey. Ever!! Its so hard to eat right now an days, Even harder to have self control. I use to think being on a diet consisted of nothing tasteful, like Raw carrots and rice cakes. NOPE!! You can lose wiaght and eat right and it all tastes wonderful!! Exercise will play a very important role in this as well. That and portions, you need to cut out all processed foods and sugars. No more red meats for 1 and trust me I can already see the look on your face of horror and you cant be serious lol!! That's how I was to!! I love my steaks. Believe it or not you need a high calorie and protein diet. Say for Breakfast if you like eggs or your not allergic. 1 egg with yolk scrambled or boiled with scrambled you can have as many egg what's as you want! Lunch you can make a large salad with say onions,tomatoes, cucumbers. And small amounts of fat free dressings . What I liked to do is slice up a boiled egg on top with some lowfat cheese just a little and pepper. Tastes amazing!! You can also have tuna or salmon as well as slice chicken on top. Dinners are pretty good I always prepped my chicken for meals to have on the ready in ziplock baggies frozen as well as in fridge for when I know I'm going to use it. I start with cleaning up the chicken breast then I place it in the baggy and add the ingredients no vegetable oils or lard are a loud in your diet because it contains all the wrong fats. I've used olive oil, Coconut oil as well as avocado oil or grapeseed oils. I put a good amount in with the chicken breast with diced onions and garlic with seasonings that don't contain salt or if I do just a small amounts. You can hook in a pan on the stove Bake it, or crockpot. It turns out amazing!!! And for sides to go with this chicken you cant have starches :-( so no potatoes sorry. You can eat as many steamed or baked veggies as you want there should always be salad on half of your plate, and the other in to quarters, one for chicken breast, the other for if you like it cottage cheese with pepper. You need a high protein snack every 2 hours at least 300 calories. There are alot of tasty bars out there. Drink.lots of water, no juices but once and awhile.you can cheat lol I sure did . No sodas. You can find exercises on You tube Cardio is always been my favorite even when I was 230 I would walk a few miles aday unless I had a job that requires you to be on your feet constantly on the move lol then it was stretches to losen up your muscles and joints so not to hurt your self before your work out. Start small and work.your way up sit ups start and 10 for a few days do atleast 5 sets of those aday as well as lay on your back and put your legs up in the are and do the Bicycle for atleast 3 min 5 sets of those as well you can work it up to a longer time once your comfortable. Pushups 10 each round to.make it easier for you starting do what I did lol cheat, hey in a doggie posistion low enough down so you can do your push up do 10 for each round as well . Every 30 min take a 5-10min break to stretch hydrate and bathroom. Once you start again lay on your side you an hold your head up with your hand and elbow if it's more comfortable, and do.leg lifts up as high as you can hold out your free arm and try to aim for your finger tips. 10 sets and start the other side for the same amount of time as well you can mix all those work out positions in to what ever mix you want. There also a diet shake and snacks as well as more information on work out regimen and portions. Its way worth the money as long as you stick with that your work outs as well as your food prep. Check out Herbalife check it out, my first 2 weeks were so friggen hard omg!! I misunderstood my sister in law the first 2 weeks and thought I was only allowed shakes lmai!! Man talk about Hangry on steroids lmao. But once I balanced everything out and my time. Like it's good to have a time set to eat. Say Breakfast @8am? Ok then 2hrs later snack 5hrs later from the time you ate Breakfast to.Lunch at 1pm after that snack 2 hrs later 5hrs from lunch dinner. Never eat past 6 that's when your body starts to naturally Unwind for the night that's when your Metabolism slows way down for sleep. If you eat late the food just sits in your stomach all night. With everything I did right here including the Herbalife shakes I was losing 5lbs aday, remember though to everyone's body is unique like a snowflake, some lose more some lose less right away and some it takes more time to see any results. Just remember sweety your not going to physically and mentally feel like you've had progress..... Has alot to do with loss of or Low Selfesteem. Trust me I spent alot of time in front of the mirror yelling at my self, what did I do wrong? Why dont I see anything? Or feel anything?? Try not to be hard on your self ok?? When people tell you that you look great and have lost weight don't think there blowing smoke up your skirt by no means. We as woman and as bigger woman look at our self and we don't see what other people do. Once you lose that first 5 lbs baby girl omg the feeling you get like you just won the lottery, your selfesteem and your confidence start growing and it feels amazing. You got this girl!! I hope I havent overwhelmed you..... msg me if you need a talk or some support:-)

User Profile: infjcookie84
infjcookie84 OP October 13th, 2018

@sensitivebrokensoul87 Thank you so very much ♥️ I was feeling so much imbalance and sad angry emotions. I needed this so much, that someone is listening and that I am not alone.

It is really hard when I am consumed with emotions that my mind is just cloudy. This just pushed away those dark clouds and you have such wonderful ideas! I have spoken to my partner, and I will not be eating with him at hours which I do not need to eat.

I will start prepping my meals, freezing them in bags, and will take time everyday to take a walk no matter how short. I am so happy and really appreciate that you took the time to write all these. It has already helped me a lot. Small steps, slow and steady, I can do this.

Thank you, you are an angel!

load more