Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I don't know how to feel about this. His feelings haven't developed yet but mine are rocketing.

User Profile: NSS22
NSS22 March 23rd, 2021

I've been talking to someone for almost 8 months now and 6 out of the 8 was strictly virtual because of the pandemic. We decided to not label anything until we were able to meet in person and build a connection that way. I finally got to meet him in person and I think we've seen eachother about 5 times now and the other night I was in my head, as I always am, and he asked me what I was thinking about. I asked "What are we doing?" and he mentioned the talk we had about seeing where this will take us once we meet.. but then he asked me if I caught feelings.. I wasn't really ready to tell him that I did but I said yes.. I asked him how he felt and he said " I like you, but I haven't caught feelings yet" he said " I like you, I care about you, I enjoy talking to you and the time we spend together" So, from my understanding, he likes me, he's into me... but when he says "caught feelings" I think he means falling for eachother and moving on to a serious level? I know it's still fresh and no one can really control their feelings. I didn't think mine would develop this quickly.. I don't know if it's from excitment of finally seeing him or if it's because I've been lonely for so long that I wan't to jump in. He told me to not regret telling him that I had these feelings and he said "It's not a bad thing that you did and it's not a bad thing that I haven't developed them yet either" he reassured me that everything was fine and that we'd continue doing everything we've been doing to see where this goes.. uncertainy is scary... I've been really frustrated that I'm so sad about this when everything is really good between us. I don't know if it's because I worry about scaring him off? or that things will change and it'll die out.. or what if his feeling never delevlop?

We've both have been in pretty traumatic relationships before and I know we're both trying to be careful and take things slowly. He is someone who can take it one day at a time and I want to be able to do that too and just enjoy what we have right now.. I just tend to overthink everything and I don't want to ruin something good because of these feeling or because I'm sad.

How do I be okay with this? How do I not give up trying? Is it okay that our feelings don't align right now? What can I do to be more patient?

1
User Profile: Asher
Asher April 19th, 2021

Thank you for sharing that with us here. It can be tough to wait for someone and make it doesn't break up at all. From what you're saying it might be setting goals, for example, I set the goal with former partners to have a chat about our relationship this month so we are able to keep the relationship moving forward. I wish you the best of luck with your relationship.