I feel so empty. No idea how to enter relationships with girls
I feel so empty. I have no idea how to enter relationships with girls. Whenever I come home from my daily activities like work or gym, I get suddenly reminded myself of my situation where I am alone and find it extremely hard to talk to girls. Even when there is a girl I may be interested in, I just get overcome with fear and cant approach her.
And when I find myself in a conversation with one (by accident usually), I come across as arkward due to nerves or just an inability to strike up an interesting or funny conversation.
I dont know why i'm like this. It may have been due to my upbringing. I just wish some girls would just take the initiative and just ask me out instead of the guy having to do it, because I feel I can never do it and I don't know how to let someone know that I am attracted to them. I wish someone would just spell it out to me that they like me because I am a dunderhead and cannot read those cues. And im not exactly the worst looking guy in the world. My anxieties are really affecting my life.
Anyway I just feel like I need to get this off my chest. Feel free to offer tips on how to set about sorting this out. I dont have a large circle of friends and neither do my few friends do the world going out drinking thing, so I dont get the opportunity to meet girls.
Really getting me down. I feel so empty. I got no one to share my life with and now I get regular low moods due to this. I hope I don't become depressive.
:(
Ignore my spelling mistakes. I meant: "and neither do my few friends do the whole going out drinking thing"
Hiya love, don't let it get to you so much, I know how you feel, but one day your waiting days will end. You will find a girl who likes you for you and will do anything to keep you happy. Just remember, everyones different and not everyone will like each other the way how they come across, but there will be someone coming your way soon, you just have to wait. Try not to worry about it so much. (I know it's easier said than done)
@amicableTortoise674
Hi, hello there 🙂
Thank you for sharing your feeling here with us. I really do appreciate it because I know it can be incredibly difficult to open up, especially if you are feeling nervous and anxious, so yes, I would like to thank you for that 🙂
Secondly I would like to add you seem like a really decent genuine caring chap, and of course one day, some lovely person will see you for you appreciate you and snap you up!
I think in the society in which we live in today, the pressure and expectations are ridiculous high, which results in us humans experiencing all different types of feelings and emotions, sometimes it's a little hard to handle, at times we can become overwhelmed which results in our stress level intensifying and our coping mechanism are over loaded.
There are many techniques and self help guides which may be helpful for you, I hope they will increase your confidence, and if you would like to PM me, I will gather some further information which may perhaps help you to 🙂
But please, do try not to worry, your are lovely just as you are, and one day, someone will chose you because they want you for their future!
Very Best Wishes ❤️
https://www.7cups.com/social-anxiety/
Thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts. I feel so unsettled right now and just feel like packing things up and disappearing. I really need a partner to keep me grounded and to keep me sane. Otherwise I just feel like nothings worth it and I just want to disappear and just leave everything I am doing and have a new start elsewhere in the world.
I'm going to try speed dating this coming Wednesday, but I am not sure if that will work. Never worked for me last time, and I have never been a great talker. I shall try again though.
I feel like if I meet someone and she takes the time to know me, then it will help me concentrate in other aspects of my life as well such as education and work. I don't know why I feel almost paralysed due to this loneliness :(
Anyway lets see how things go. Bye and thanks once again. I'll try to keep in touch