I've fallen in love with my best friend but I need to burn these feelings for him
For context, I'm a gay male. My friend is a straight male and is currently in a relationship. We started off by just chatting on Instagram and getting deep talking bout our problems. That's what most of our relationship is based off of, it's based off of eachothers pain. And every time we open up, we go deeper and discover parts of ourselves we didnt know existed. Hes told me before that if it weren't for me that he probably wouldn't be alive right now. Hes also told.me that he talks to me even more than his gf. I really dont want to be the cause of any problems between him and his gf since they've been together for over a year now. And I think I went through heartbreak already, recently he opened up about his family moving to Oregon after we graduate highschool, but that hes staying behind because he wants to stay with his gf. Not because of me of because of school. Because of his gf, this is the first time I've ever felt jealous towards someone and I felt like a piece of shit for being jealous. He opens ups so much I feel like we really are in a relationship but I know that's not true. I need to get over him because if I dont, both of us might end up getting hurt. Not physically (at least not me) but emotionally. Any advice?
@Ricorichy
Thank you for sharing this here. As I understand correctly you are in dilemma what to do since on the one hand, you want to get over him and on the other hand you do not want to lose a friend. Hopefully by now you found a solution and you are feeling better now :)