Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Losing a childhood friend/crush

User Profile: yellowSailboat5818
yellowSailboat5818 August 31st, 2024

I just need to let out and have someone to talk about it right now.

Last month (July), I recently lost a childhood friend over a confession. He confessed his feelings to me through *** invites, and I didn't answer, so he was under the assumption that I declined his confession. He lashed out and called me names. Because of that, I blocked him, but I eventually unblocked him and been checking his account a lot ever since.

Honestly, I still love him, even though I'm mad about how he treated me that time. I also feel like having a talk with him about it, but a lot of people advise me not to; I understand though, since he should be the one talking about it first and apologizing. I just can't get him out of my head, even if it's been a month.

By the way, before all of this happened. We were great friends in childhood and very close to eachother, talking to eachother a lot; until we got separated. We then got ourselves updated on eachother's lives through social media.

12
User Profile: HoopDreamz0109
HoopDreamz0109 March 22nd, 2025

@yellowSailboat5818

It sounds like you have some really conflicting emotions that are going at it in your head. It also sounds like maybe advice from others has clouded your sense of what you want to do and maybe has made you hold back. I'd encourage you to really think about it for yourself what you might want to do and how to go about this. Your feelings are valid and you deserve to be happy which you can't do unless you follow what you think is going to be best. You're strong and you got this just stay determined and dont give up. Ultimately you will make the best choice for you and you probably already know what that is in your heart. Just try to not let other people stop you from doing that.