Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Lost the love of my life due to circumstances

User Profile: HersheyS03
HersheyS03 January 27th, 2022

Earlier this week my girlfriend broke up with me. We had been dating for almost 2 years and had basically been long distance even though we lived in the same city due to COVID and my family. I was unable to leave the house and meet her as much as I wanted and she wanted but we still talked so much and loved each other. The past few months I could feel her putting up a wall between us and I was also doing the same when she wasn't being as enthusiastic when talking to me. I realize that I was also not being as enthusiastic which probably led to this. I really love her and only see her in my future but I know this was the right decision for her due to her mental health and in the end probably better for my mental health too. It sucks so much because I want to wait and tell her I'll always be waiting for her so when college is over we can just be together no distance or family problems but I know we have to move on and I'm hurting so much. I just don't know what to do even though I've basically said what I should do. I want to chase her and tell her I'll give her my all but I don't think it's the right thing.

5
User Profile: hopezzy
hopezzy January 27th, 2022

Hi, @HersheyS03 Breakups are really hard. I can understand your feelings.

You really loved her. She's a part of you and your memory. It takes time to move on. Don't push yourself to forget or like. Do what makes you feel better Hershey!

Please reach out to your close friends and take care of yourself. You can reach out to the listeners here as well. I hope you feel better soon. Sending warmth ❤️

2 replies
User Profile: HersheyS03
HersheyS03 OP January 27th, 2022

@hopezzy Thank you ❤️. I started talking to my friends and sister again and even though I know I have them with me I felt like she was my everything and it really sucks cause I know she felt it too. It was just the right person the wrong time and I wish I kept pushing to make her feel better. Thank you for your support. I know I have to move on but it feels like I won't be able to because she was my everything.

1 reply
User Profile: hopezzy
hopezzy January 28th, 2022

@HersheyS03 Great that you're sharing your feelings with your close ones. Yes, Hershey, I know it would be difficult. But I like you to give it some time and reflect. Please don't be harsh on yourself. ❤️ Take care!

load more
load more
User Profile: JamesBond009
JamesBond009 January 27th, 2022

I'd say you should keep her if you truly love her. How many times do we meet true love in our lives? You are in same country and even city, so you can just give it a bit time but do not break up!Please, fight for your love, it may only happen once in a lifetime.

1 reply
User Profile: HersheyS03
HersheyS03 OP January 28th, 2022

@JanesBond009 I want to fight for her but she broke up with me and it was hurting her more than me. I feel like I'd be disrespecting her choice. This really sucks and I want her to heal.

load more