Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Me and my gf broke up a month ago and now she's coming out bi to me

User Profile: Hotnspice1223
Hotnspice1223 December 29th, 2019

Idk where to start. Me and my ex were together for a year and I'll admit I did so many wrong things. I treated her wrong, I had no confidence in protecting her, I was never able to stand up for myself or her. We slowly just started to drift and it slowly started to shift into a toxic relationship where she's just comforting my problems and never gets comforting for her problems. It hurt me so much the day we had the talk but we agreed to stay friends and it was good for a while.

But skip to now, 3 or 4 weeks after we broke up. We were talking about stuff and somehow the topic of her being in the closet bi came up. I didn't know what to say but I supported her and told her how happy I was for her for coming out to me. And that's not fake I am really happy for her because now she can be actually happy with a girl that will treat her right. But idk, it feels weird. I get this pit in my stomach every time I think of it. I'll be straight and flat, we do have a little bit of a friend's with benefits thing going on. And that's because we didn't break up because we hated eachother, we did because of the way I treated her and such and were still both really attracted to her and we did talk about maybe getting back together after I grew up a little. But idk things are just really confusing and I know a lot of people will think it's weird that we have this thing going on and how she's bi now and it's all just a mess that I have no one to tell...

5
User Profile: tophat22
tophat22 December 29th, 2019

@Hotnspice1223

I understand how her coming out to you would make you a little uneasy. I don

3 replies
User Profile: Hotnspice1223
Hotnspice1223 OP December 30th, 2019

@tophat22

I would assume it was just feelings too but she went on to say that she had feelings for this girl even during the last 3 months of our relationship. And I guess you're right, I kind of do have feeling for her still but I'm starting to move on I mean it's been a month so far so it's time to start.

As for self improvement, I like to say that I'm doing a good job at that but I was thinking of talking to a counselor or professional about it but idk if my school counselor is really the best option for that lol

2 replies
User Profile: Hotnspice1223
Hotnspice1223 OP December 30th, 2019

@Hotnspice1223

I just really need to improve on my confidence and being able to stand up for myself and people I care about and I need to learn to listen to people more instead of over bear them with my faults and problems

1 reply
User Profile: lovelyPurple669
lovelyPurple669 December 30th, 2019

@Hotnspice1223

You will be doing a great job if you start caring for your sel first.Like they say you cant pour from an empty cup.IF she has moved on i think attaching your self in that relationship might either help you finding yourself and move on or even hurting you more.It is you to choose.I would really encourage on self improvements first.

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: lovelyPurple669
lovelyPurple669 December 30th, 2019

@Hotnspice1223

You will be doing a great job if you start caring for your sel first.Like they say you cant pour from an empty cup.IF she has moved on i think attaching your self in that relationship might either help you finding yourself and move on or even hurting you more.It is you to choose.I would really encourage on self improvements first.